Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hope you all are doing well and staying safe.
I wanted to share my slight modification to my scout lt
The scout lt itself is not a bad frame at all, however for me a thumb support holder it was uncomfortable to hold specially because I like holding my frame high in the forks and the corner where digging into my hands and not letting me get a high hold without the corner getting in the way and making it awkward and nearly impossible. so I decided to reshape it and God did it make a difference.
Much more pleasant to shoot and hold for my style that is and I like the new look as well :)
Let me know what you guys think :)
f6bddba493c528b5f92588b88b9ac063.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Ray Rowden
2,651 Posts
Hey, was that LT a loaner?

No.

Well, if it's your slingshot, it ought to work for you.

The mod is a little shocking to the eye, being accustomed to the traditional shape.

But I like the lines you came up with.

AND, I have an original Scout that may end up with your trim job, for the same reasons you mentioned. LOL!

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Just got my Scout LT in last Friday....nice frame and I like your mods, looks comfy.
Did you also paint the palm swell ?

I thought I might try to make some custom burl wood swells, a bit thicker than what came on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good call! I'd like a little fatter palm swell on my new LT as well. That be an easyish mod!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got my Scout LT in last Friday....nice frame and I like your mods, looks comfy.
Did you also paint the palm swell ?

I thought I might try to make some custom burl wood swells, a bit thicker than what came on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is more comfy for me and that is what matters I would say and yes I did paint them myself :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have designed the Scout LT and it is amazing to see your mod. Years ago received the original Scout for a review and ended up modding it in many ways. Those mods were the foundation of the Scout LT today. Design is iterative. You just made a great variation. Thanks for sharing, and keep exploring! Cheers, Mark

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have designed the Scout LT and it is amazing to see your mod. Years ago received the original Scout for a review and ended up modding it in many ways. Those mods were the foundation of the Scout LT today. Design is iterative. You just made a great variation. Thanks for sharing, and keep exploring! Cheers, Mark
Thanks I think the scout lt is a great frame but I also think that it is better suited for people with small hands or that prefer a pinch grip style. Also I think this type of fork style with the corners removed is a little more versatile and forgiving for all the different holding style.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts