Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 15 years in the Mojave Desert, we are going East to N. Carolina. I spent my early years in the Sierra Nevada's. My family told me that the East Coast started in Reno, and I have just learned that it actually doesn't.

I'm good with this new adventure, and my wife and biologicals are currently practicing their 'yallz'.

It seems to me I am going to be within driving distance of some of yerallz sling competitions and slingfests and slumbersling parties and socials??

Either way this thing is in motion. I've got two family members there right now giving a greenlight to a nice house in Huntersville. Looks to be a sweetheart with a robust squirrel population in the background! Wish us luck, gotta pack my slings! Mojave 'Tarheel' Mo.
827faba45d9f39dd3c6e5210d573f786.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Welcome to the South Mo! I hope you and your family like the area. I usually just NC as a means of arriving in SC, but I've been to Chapel Hill a few times and it's gorgeous country. We've got dear friends in Greer, SC just a couple hours from there. Hopefully we'll see you at some of the east-coast tournaments!

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Big move, Mo!
I guess this shatters my dreams of attending a Mojave slingfest!
BUT, maybe we can swap lies and slings at the ECST next spring, or the SEST next fall!
AND, squirrels are much better eating than horned toads!
We could all meet in Cookeville, TN...half way to almost any were that East...

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
WAIT JUST A MINUTE THERE!!!!
CAN HE DO THAT!?!?!?!?
He said he was gonna set up a shoot here in Arizona.
Now he's gonna go run around in them thar hills with a bunch a squirrel eaters!?!?!?!?
I spose now he's gonna change his name to Hillbilly Mo!?!?!?!

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WAIT JUST A MINUTE THERE!!!!
CAN HE DO THAT!?!?!?!?
He said he was gonna set up a shoot here in Arizona.
Now he's gonna go run around in them thar hills with a bunch a squirrel eaters!?!?!?!?
I spose now he's gonna change his name to Hillbilly Mo!?!?!?!
Oh I like that! Hillbilly Mo! I'd still come out to AZ though. I shoot good in the heat!

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gee thanks everyone, I mean y'all! I am taking a souvenirs with me on my journey.
A couple of pieces of Aspen.
A few cuts off of a Choke Cherry.
A few cuts off of an Olive tree.
I've got some dry-rot on the larger Cherry chunks. I believe I can work around it.
Would it be better to pull out the rot and fill it with epoxy, then carve it out?
e9420b9fd41cee2137166eb2ffad048e.jpg

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
choke cherry syrup...OH my heart! Quakie isn't to dense, might want to laminate. Man I'm going to miss my old desert bud, what we gonna comiserate about now?
How about urbanization of the desert? Give it a year, you will be living in Calizona, just SE of Nevadafornia.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts