Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Mule is Magnificent because legend has it that it was made by Toddy himself. I am the second owner after a amazing trade with another forum family member.
I fell into facination with the Mule after the Old Miser (RIP Roger) showed me his Mule and told me his story of shooting it for over 200 days in a row (excate details are fading on me).
The Modification that I made was to add the Toddy Approved Snare-Wrap&Tie holes and tube relief ramps to one side of the fork tips.
The wood scales are amazing so I didn't dare jack them up. I did however give it a couple of light massages with BLO followed by 8 coats of Tung Oil with a newspaper buff in between coats. I then gave it a Paste Wax treatment and buffed it lightly on a cotton fiber buffing wheel attached to my drill press. I might wax it again tomorrow. Then I'll stare at it and carry it around in my right front pocket for 8 days before I band it up. It's a ritual thing. Thanks for looking! Mo
3ffc4ad05b42dbd8839d3f40d978962b.jpg
b1923c8e2478bac63fb060dbc6a55f6a.jpg
360038a3d8dcd56078be89ffc2676ee5.jpg
f54dd7998a70ad7b72f130f3344ad365.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it's a beaut. I take it you're throwing tubes on this? And are you going single 2040s?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yo Dog! I'll find the video for a repost but this is going to run a looped set if 2040's tied on via SR&T. Side note: I've got a SimpleShot looped tube set that is almost two years old and still running on all cylinders!?

·
Mojave Mo
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a nice one Mo this is your first mule ?
Indeed PB. I have it on my Makery List To-Do but haven't To-Donut yet in part because I kind of put this frame in the Holy Grail category and didn't want to dishonor the Old Miser with a junky build. The same goes with the Chalice, don't have one yet but I'm ready to give that one a go!

·
Mojave Mo
4,843 Posts
Wow - that is a score. Loverly peice.
It has the character of something that has been shot well but not abused. I am really thrilled with having it. It will not be a shelf queen in part because the realization that a well made and we'll shot frame has some 'restore' capability and is not a disposable item with a little makery practice!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Had to come back for a second look at those band grooves
Much better now right?! It was a little tedious and nerve racking! I haven't learned how to re-regrow wood yet!

That is great work right there. You dont give yourself half the credit you deserve.

·
Mojave Mo
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had to come back for a second look at those band grooves
Much better now right?! It was a little tedious and nerve racking! I haven't learned how to re-regrow wood yet!

That is great work right there. You dont give yourself half the credit you deserve.
Big thanks Treeman! It is better to be a little piggy than a big hog! (no disrespect to Hoggs!).

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Gorgeous piece Mo! I am digging those grooves as well. Some recent tinkering has tempted me with converting to flatbands, but tubes are still my go to. I'll have to try that out on one of my frames.

·
Neophyte
2,006 Posts
That is certainly a fine looking slingshot and your modifications have only added to the over all composition of it, nice work :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts