Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hola,
Last December, I was very lucky to meet for a couple of minutes and two different days, Chepo and his family. I was also very lucky to receive some oak forks from Chepo, leather for pouches, wax thread and some great tools. I used the big fork to the right to make this resortera.

I could get oak forks in my state, but they are kind of far away from my city.
I worked on one of his forks and was very glad to see what came off. I really like the color of the wood and it's density.

It is not a small resortera and is one of my first oak slingshot.

I did not have a good name for it at the beginning, but then I founded out a good one. I remember the way some Mexican women from the south like to wear their hair and like to called it "molote". I thought that it could be a funny name for a resortera.
Mai Chepo, I hope I did a good job with your fork and again thanks for give it to me. You were just too kind. "Por una de encino moriria mai, pero yo, sigo siendo Mezquitero." Topilzin Ehecalt.
How does "Molota" shoots?? Mmm just take a look at this:
http://slingshotforu...rning-dovedown/

As usual, any comments would be highly appreciated. Saludos.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
That is a rugged looking fork. Very tough wood. You did a great job wrestling it into shape, too! Nice one.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
I love that wood xidoo! Looks like my size natural. I also see you went grooveless! Which I have been doing for a while now.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Gorgeous. This oak is much darker than the one I get in my place. Your masterpiece should come to me soon.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Exellent job! Love the resorteras made from larger forks....
..Jim

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Very Xidoo style, thanks for doing justice to Ramona. and a pleasure to shoot with La Molota. xidoo nombre maik!.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is a rugged looking fork. Very tough wood. You did a great job wrestling it into shape, too! Nice one.
Dayhiker,
Yes, is a rugged looking fork, and just what you need to make great shoots with it. Thanks for your wordls. Saludos

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Molota is a great name for this great slingshot! Bravo!
Bob Fionda,

I am glad that you like the name, that way I am not the only one. Saludos

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Very nice looking fork Xidoo, well done Amigo.
Philly

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats a lovely piece of work xidoo,i love oak,and you have done beautiful work on that
marcus,
I am glad you like this resortera, I have made only two of them in oak. I hope to bring some more to show them soon. Saludos

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.