Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd give the design I created the other day a go, and since I've been working with Birch ply so much I decided to make it from that. It feels pretty good in the hand, and achieved what I'm after in most senses. Got to borrow my neighbor's cordless drill tomorrow and punch a hole through this handle for a lanyard, & I'm still undecided as to what bands I want to use. Probably just going to go with some long draw TheraBand gold.

Let me know what you guys think. :)
23f304e363fe15284a9e449621a98c11.jpg
da23ad82b7bc8efbe890a400ec46cfc7.jpg
c31b32d50d48487f3a1fea4b36c5efcd.jpg
e5b1d91b8b2d75f13d8af17d87939f41.jpg
9c9d5f35f950e4de39a43642ce1ce149.jpg

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice design and surely it's comfortable. I have just one idea to add......lower forks!
Haha thanks man! You guys know I normally shoot super low (or none at all!) forks, this guy is meant to be shot purely instinctive though. My style involves deeply canting the forks over the hand, so there is virtually no felt torque in the wrist. Like so:

6acf8a28f465a3a48dfd38cb2028d071.jpg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
4ea093c52083876c4c6073e0d64b5d23.jpg

·
Registered
625 Posts
Chef, I like it. Looks like it should feel right in the hand and I like the size. I see Skropi's point about the higher than we are used to forks but its looks right on this frame and as you said you cant your forks toward the target and I do as well. I'd like to try making one if your cool with that.

Reactions: Tag and BushpotChef

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
`Yep - that would work.
Thanks Matt, I liked yoir comment and went to reply then my phone died lol. Shes shooting great, chucks marbles in a very consistent 3" from 8 paces with little effort. Gonna go for some aerials with it today me thinks. Shes got teeth for sure. ;)
cf9f5555ac2e6f404130626e36f3b51a.jpg
5159ef39dda0dab9fef0f41014787ad8.jpg

Reactions: Covert5

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chef, I like it. Looks like it should feel right in the hand and I like the size. I see Skropi's point about the higher than we are used to forks but its looks right on this frame and as you said you cant your forks toward the target and I do as well. I'd like to try making one if your cool with that.
Thank you Dave! I really do like it, and it feels great for this kind of shooting which even if you're not in the hunting would be really fun for Aerials if you're a Target shooter. Would you like me to take a picture of the design with a ruler next to it?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Cool !! I always think "smaller" till I get a big, oversized frame and realize they shoot as good as anything and sometimes are easier to hold. Good job!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool !! I always think "smaller" till I get a big, oversized frame and realize they shoot as good as anything and sometimes are easier to hold. Good job!
Thank you DSIL! Im normally a small frame guy too. I think these pictures are deceiving you guys though, its really not all that big at all. Here is is next to a standard sized lighter:
35e92f55aa1a9544920b6f5c55fbd5c4.jpg

·
Registered
625 Posts
Thank you Dave! I really do like it, and it feels great for this kind of shooting which even if you're not in the hunting would be really fun for Aerials if you're a Target shooter. Would you like me to take a picture of the design with a ruler next to it?

Chef I have a dogwood fork that's good and dry I'm going to use. I figured it was about the right size. The lighter pic confirms it should be good to go.

Reactions: BushpotChef

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great No better compliment than someone asking if they can have the planes to make one
Thanks Tag, it is a really good feeling for sure :) Im still hoping I cant get y hands on one of those pocket shooters Bill Hays sent to you to go with that sketch I did, just for the novelty if nothing else lol!

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Chef I have a dogwood fork that's good and dry I'm going to use. I figured it was about the right size. The lighter pic confirms it should be good to go.
Awesome my friend cant wait to see how it turns out!

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
625 Posts
Chef I'm not sure I have enough wood on this fork to work with here. How wide are your fork tips? I think I can squeak out a shade under 3/4's of an inch. and still be able to sand up nice.

Reactions: BushpotChef

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BC, awesome design bro!
Thanks alot covert, means something coming from a creative guy like you. :)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chef I'm not sure I have enough wood on this fork to work with here. How wide are your fork tips? I think I can squeak out a shade under 3/4's of an inch. and still be able to sand up nice.
Yep they're about 3/4" wide even. :)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very cool proto! I can imagine it would feel good in hand with the cut-out and recess to locate the hold nicely. I like!
Thanks urbanshooter, its pretty nice in the hand Im gonna do a video of me plinking a can with it. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts