Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I'm starting a one week mono sling challenge with my S-Shock, I've made a few extra band sets with the same 0.75 Precise & micro fibre pouches. All cut to 3/4"-1/4"x6.5" & got a bunch of the 8mm lead I've been enjoying. Anyone who has any advice or experience please feel free to share, I need all the help & support I can get lol. Also, anyone interested in joining me I'd be glad to have the company so to speak - someone to commiserate with haha.. Anyhow I'll be target shooting and hunting at between 10-15m with hopes of employing the S-Shocks drop compensation sights past 15m - my goal being to increase my max comfortable/effective range to 20m with this setup.

Again any input or suggestions are welcome as always, wish me strength fellow shooters lol!

IMG_0471.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG
IMG_0473.JPG

Attachments

·
Aimstinctivist
774 Posts
3/4 by 1/4? Pouch end looks wider in the photo. Seems like a serious taper for lead... Do you always shoot half inch tapers?

Chef, try 5/8 by 3/8 with that setup if you get a chance. Treefork turned me on to the 1/4 inch taper a couple years ago, and it made sense. They don't have to be super narrow, they just have to be lighter than what's in front of them. See if you don't get a third more band life too!

·
Amateur
2,568 Posts
Ive been shooting a lot of different frames lately and im starting to feel like my accuracy has diminished across the board. Maybe I need to stick with one frame for a bit and refocus on the basics...hmmm

What im trying to say is: I'm in!

·
Singing along with the voices in my head
442 Posts
I'll join in with the OTT Taurus. We haven't been getting along very well and could use some quality time to get to know each other better. Having a hard time adjusting to the grip, as I usually use a thumb supported grip instead of the hammer/pinch grip.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk. Please forgive any typos.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Hulla Baloo thanks wry much for that info, yeah it looks different my photos sometimes get a mini wide angle effect for some reason. Yes I've had pretty good resists with these bands but I'll give those dimensions a go!

@Everyone else, wow I can't believe how many are ready to join me that's awesome! Will post my results tomorrow after my first shooting sessions of the day!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I'm due for another Mono-Sling Challenge so I'll join in with my new TTF Pocket Parasite for a week and get some good practice in!
I went back and found your original challenge. Now are we going to post sorta daily like you suggested or just random comments about how we are doing?
Totally up to you, its your challenge this time. Maybe folks can post as much as they want but at least report on how they did after the week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I am in!

I need this right now. I have been shooting LBS, Y Pocket Shooter, and Jester, Mule, SPS...And that does not even include my pfs shooting. I need to commit for a little bit.

I will be shooting my Jester with 1742 tubes (I think) at 5" inactive length on tabs and 6mm (1/4") steels.

I really suggest we post pics of our flips.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@SamuraiSamoht I think that's the best idea and what is sort of intended just post what you're happy with and discuss your progress as long as you can. I'm trying to stick this out as long as possible, I'm already seeing significant results but I made one change already: swapped out my bands. I'm running the dimensions suggested by @Hulla Baloo suggested of my red bands, same ammo & pouch. This is the first set I've sent a ball into a soup can with from ten yards so hats off to you Hulla they're already sweet as anything. They die in about 200 shots but hey I've got a lot of this elastic and they're snapping all pouch side.

The ease of draw is just sinister. Today's objective is to get some paper punched and post my results, I encourage you gentleman to join me if time and schedules allow for it!

Happy shooting all!

IMG_0533.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I will get pics or a video tomorrow.

But day one I shot 100 shots on a 3" (76mm) spinner...I just shot...didn't really count, but I estimate way under 20% accuracy.

I was at 30% consistently, but I took a long break from daily practice. It shows.

also I hope to get some copies made of some fun targets Bushpotchef made for me.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Im using my new custom and Im slowly getting dialed in. I forgot to take a picture of the target but Im using 1" shoot-n-see stickers as targets. I have been doing 5 shot groups and Im psyching myself out on the 4th and 5th shots and widening the group. Need to keep working on that. I think Im rushing it and getting tense because my first 3 shots are usually pretty tight.
7eca8ac04cfe5b8f44f6ff18db5e44ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
View attachment 270494

Well, day two.

I lengthened my straight cut yellow bands by about 1/2 inch. This brought the group down and tightened up the shots.

Then I went to 7/16 ammo thinking I could drop it in to the bull. Surprised to see little change. Hmmmm...I hate to anchor any higher than my cheek bone. I am holding on the bottom of the bull now. Any advice from the gurus would come in handy about now.

Also bear in mind that I'm about 8 feet short of the 10 meter line. Guess I gotta buy a bigger house.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts