Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
OK HERE WE GO=Penetration-> Bugar test->
Had corrugated cardboard VERY TIGHTLY bound placed against a VERY SOLID object (anvil), solid-no pass thrus, shot from around 3 yards - + like for a chrono.
the sizes are in inches, could not find my metric measuring device, used for ammo
5/16" steel ball, 1/2" steel ball, 1/2 glass marble, and 3/8 hex nut filled with lead, I have depth of hole, size of hole, and weight in grams, ounces, and grains,
was shooting 1 x 3/4 tapered flat bands, at 31" pull
------ gram-- ounce-- grain
size---- weight------ how deep- size of hole
5/16-- 3.6-- .12-- 54 -- .700 -- .312

1/2 -- 8.4-- .30-- 132 -- .729 -- .500

1/2marble
------- 5.5-- .19-- 84 --- .505---- .530

3/8hex nut
------ 11.5-- .41 -- 184-- .775 -- .720

Attachments

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Try some 3/8 lead! Tex

·
Banned
913 Posts
If you want to simulate flesh, try a cardboard box stuffed with flat wet newspaprs, that was what we used to do to test test our bullets from our rifles and handguns. Of course this was only a simulation of flesh, not skin and bone, but it was alright poorboy ballistic gelatin, the results were quite comparable with results on game animals, try it out with some lead balls and lead filled nuts. if its a big box, tape it around lenthways and sideways once to keep it from falling apart.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just recieved new Dankung few minutes ago, have only shot bout a dozen shots of different ttypes of ammo=== AM VERY impressed, super quality, comes with yellow and black band sets, I also got the 20-40 tubing extra bundle, shoots great, more later

If you want to simulate flesh, try a cardboard box stuffed with flat wet newspaprs, that was what we used to do to test test our bullets from our rifles and handguns. Of course this was only a simulation of flesh, not skin and bone, but it was alright poorboy ballistic gelatin, the results were quite comparable with results on game animals, try it out with some lead balls and lead filled nuts. if its a big box, tape it around lenthways and sideways once to keep it from falling apart.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I want to see what 3/8" lead will do also. I am thinking of buying some myself for hunting. I like the size of 3/8" for holding in the pouch.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah=I gota make a trip to the city today and was gonna stop by a gunshop, try to get some 3/8 dia roundballs or there abouts, something around that size, not many shops around here sell roundballs, just sell ammo for attack rifles and machine guns, so the kids have somthing to play with in the parks, oh yeah lotta 9mm ammo too for the muggers, glad I don't live in the city.

I want to see what 3/8" lead will do also. I am thinking of buying some myself for hunting. I like the size of 3/8" for holding in the pouch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts