Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this full TC21 titanium slingshot from Wu Jim about a month ago. I really like it and is without question of 100% TC21 titanium build with the exception of the screws that hold the band clamps. These may be stainless but they may also be titanium. I can't tell for sure but even the purple/blue inserts are pure titanium.
The only feature it is lacking that I would like is a lanyard hole. I'm not drilling one as it's pretty easy to grip as is. It's fairly small and has a delightful weight thanks to the titanium build. Cost was $89USD but compared to any custom it's a steal. It shoots as good as it looks to me and I would gladly buy it again. The site adds new models about weekly and sometimes a few in a week.

I have bought a few full titanium and titanium core frames from GZK, Aliexpress Piaoyu Store and this one from Wu Jim.
I was a bit skeptical buying it as it was my first purchase from Wu Jim and my biggest concern was that it be well packaged to avoid any damage. It turns out there was no need for concern as it was packed in a draw-sting bag that was packed in a fitted wooden box and even the box was wrapped well in bubble wrap.
I have bought a few more from Wu Jim since and all have been very well packaged and arrived in perfect shape.

If you are considering another good source for both cheap and high end Chinese slingshots you may want to check out Wu Jim's site:

https://trade.onloon.net/detail?itemId=b98ad12811c14504b3367b828fc1f8ab

Be sure and click the "NEW ARRIVALS" tab every time you visit as there are new items added at an amazing rate.

TC21 - 1.jpg

TC21 - 2.jpg

TC21 - 3.jpg

I made myself a personal promise last week not to buy another slingshot until 11/14 after I pay for a recumbent trike I am buying but I just happen to be innocently browsing the Piaoyu Store's latest offerings last night when I came across a TC21 Titanium frame with G-10 inserts that caught my eye. It's a beefy little frame but being TC21 titanium only tips the scale at 180 grams. I have some similar shaped frames in stainless that weigh well over 300 grams. It has a strategically placed lanyard hole and the ever more common adjustable sights (that I will of course remove). It's not a frame style that would appeal to everyone but I decided I had to get the one with red/black G-10 inserts. It was a hard choice for me and I thought about breaking my own promise to myself and how bad that is to do. After about 3 minutes of careful consideration I bought it and my justification is....

Well, I did have a coupon :)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Slingshot-Hunting-TC21-Titanium-Alloy-Flat-Rubber-Band-CNC-Chamfer-G10-Patch-Outdoor-Shooting-Collection/32949969581.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dNmwHN5

TC21 Ali 1.jpg

TC21 Ali 2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
There should be a counselor or therapist nearby that could help with slingshot hoarding disorders.
As long as they make house calls and can work while I am shooting, I'm in :)

Besides... I'm not a hoarder. I'm almost certain I have less than 200 slingshots... well probably less than 200 anyway.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The Wu Jim site indeed has some nice quality-made slingshots, and the prices seem reasonable when compared to Engtaobao or Aliexpress. Your second purchase looks really good too, with very clear fiber optic sights. Nice!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Wu Jim site indeed has some nice quality-made slingshots, and the prices seem reasonable when compared to Engtaobao or Aliexpress. Your second purchase looks really good too, with very clear fiber optic sights. Nice!
Thank you. I'll probably play with the sights for a few shots then remove them forever. Most I have with sights can help me get on elevation pretty fast but most throw me off horizontally. I know a lot of similar slingshots come with sights these days but I think I would like them better if the notch for the sights was not there and just smooth metal in it's place. I like finding my own point of aim with forks too narrow to frame reference. I only really run into trouble with fork widths that exceed 4" as I have to cover the spinner from sight with the frame with my shooting style. Once I can't see the spinner I'm all over the place. With narrower forks I just shoot a few shots to see how much under the spinner I need to aim and generally I'm hitting it very well once I get dialed in to a particular frame. I face anchor archery style and that's the way I have always shot a slingshot. No question I need to learn how to shoot with a floating anchor or even full butterfly but my catch barrel is setup indoors and I can't afford the fliers I know I'll get learning to anchor differently. I'm going to put some effort into it when I start shooting outdoors again.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
You should no better than to promises like that... you can never trust an addict... especially a well known addict. Hahaha... all in jest.
I will be forthright I was so nervous there was going to be some negative word of Wu Jim or GZK... I just like those slingers! Whew... I am both relieved, reassured, and laughing!

As soon as I make enough money I am going to get a few more frames. But my budget is tight... Hopefully my girls orthodontist will finish up this year... I can hope anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts