Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Finished this a couple weeks ago. Found some different dinosaurs to try out for this one. For anyone who hasn't seen these yet, I took the dinosaurs and embedded them in casting resin. I cut the shooter from the mold, round the edges, sand smooth, and then a clear coat is applied. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Those dinosaur frames are a great idea. Hopefully you are willing to share a few more details. Maybe you could make a dedicated post on construction from start to finish. I completely understand if this is something you plan to sell and would rather keep it a trade secret.

Below are some questions that would help others who might venture into Jurassic land.

What kind of resin do you use?

What do you use for a mold so the resin releases?

Do you cast the sheet all at one time or in layers with dry time between?

Do you end up cutting off some of the dinosaur parts if they are hanging out of the resin?

Does regular wood sandpaper work? 60-100-220-320? Or finer?

What kind of clear coat? Polyurethane?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's unique! I like it! If you hunt with it, you can say "Jurass is mine!" right before you release that kill shot. Lol
Haha! Thanks!
That is really cool!
thank you!
Looking good Drew!
Thanks Joe!
That's unique! I like it! If you hunt with it, you can say "Jurass is mine!" right before you release that kill shot. Lol
@Covert5...........oh, that's good brother, I like that comment just as well as I like Drew's slings, LOL
( which is an awful LOT )
:D
That is so cool Drew!! Maybe little green army men next time???
I have some waiting to be used. ;)
very nice shooter!
:)
Those dinosaur frames are a great idea. Hopefully you are willing to share a few more details. Maybe you could make a dedicated post on construction from start to finish. I completely understand if this is something you plan to sell and would rather keep it a trade secret.

Below are some questions that would help others who might venture into Jurassic land.

What kind of resin do you use?
What do you use for a mold so the resin releases?
Do you cast the sheet all at one time or in layers with dry time between?
Do you end up cutting off some of the dinosaur parts if they are hanging out of the resin?
Does regular wood sandpaper work? 60-100-220-320? Or finer?
What kind of clear coat? Polyurethane?
I can get to this sometime. There are no secrets to what I build
Another fantastic frame
Thanks man!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts