Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am working on a couple more Manzanita naturals and put some flat bands on my old one.

The two raw naturals have not been trimmed to length yet or even sanded. I haven't made up my mind on what I want to do with them yet. I'm using my PS-1 for scale. The one on the right is a nice hand full.

The other is one that I made a few weeks ago. I "found" a blue exercises band in my wifes stuff and decided to give it a try. I wanted to make some heavy butterfly bands so I made them 12"x2"x4". I connected it the way I did, just to make it easy to adjust while I was figuring it out. No one in the office today so I set up 6" thick polyethylene foam to give it a try. I poped in a .44" led ball and pulled it back as best I could and WACK! a small hole was in one side and out the other and into some empty boxes.
I thought it was safe since I tried it out first with the PS-1 with the Gold Winner bands on it because it only penetrated 2 3/4". Man, combine heavy flat bans and long draw length and WOW! This was just a test for fun and I will probably trim them down to 12"x1.25"x3.5" for the next run. I wish I had a way of telling how fast it was going.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
great looking forks, lovely wood. You might want to invest in a big tub of spackle if you're going to keep experimenting indoors

·
Registered
330 Posts
great looking forks, lovely wood. You might want to invest in a big tub of spackle if you're going to keep experimenting indoors
Thanks! The wood is hard....really hard! I burn belts on the sander and wear sand paper out finishing the stuff, but I like it. I just wish I could find eastern woods like dog wood. Man I like naturals! Natures laminate. Where did I hear that before!? !

...and as far as the spackle, good idea! No more indoor tests, at least at work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.