Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Great idea, especially if you could lock the pliers open to shoot as slingshot. Maybe a wedge and a rubber-band in the jaws of the pliers?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great idea, especially if you could lock the pliers open to shoot as slingshot. Maybe a wedge and a rubber-band in the jaws of the pliers?
Hi Smitty, sorry I should have been clearer in my first post; my intention was for it to be used as a slingshot. I can't remember what those catty's are called, that have the bands attached together on a single grip; there is a thread on them, somewhere. This tool might be able to be used like those catty's demonstrated in the first picture. It was just to show that it may be possible to use the tool while closed. I haven't given it a try like that yet, I was just messing around with ideas at 4 in the morning, due to insomnia! I came up with this idea today, which would keep the jaws open at the required spread, and act as a brace at the same time. I have not seen this done anywhere else, but I am probably wrong. I just thought it was an idea that I would share with those of us that hunt, to do everything from dispatch,eviscerate and skin,and even be able to open a can or a bottle, file something and screw in a screw, all with the same tool
. After having no sleep, this sounded kinda cool in my head. If it was going to be used in an area that prohibited wrist braces, an appropriate sized nut and your rubber band idea, would do the job of keeping the jaws at the desired spread, maybe.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I like it!

Surprised Gerber or some other haven`t already thought of it? Or maybe they have but not thought it commercially viable because although I like it I doubt very much I`d buy one.

·
2,153 Posts
Great to keep in a bug-out bag though.

·
Banned
913 Posts
An awesome idea. Incredible none of the multi tool manufacturers haven't thought of it. Or not, considering the many useless things I've seen put into multi-plier tools
. If I had a machine shop(music to "if I had a hammer")...

·
2,153 Posts
I think you should make the stuff others could buy from you to use with their multi-tools. Lots of people looking for stuff like that to put in a survival pack. Maybe worth a try?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts