Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many mornings I am up by 6 am and have started my work for the day. On weekends I make formed pouches for the week. Here I am getting ready to unload and re-load my dies. The blanks that you see are about the number of formed pouches that I make on a weekend. Could I make more? Of course I could! There are a lot of things that I could do, but I have my priorities like every body else and making slingshot bands and pouches is not at the top of the list. I actually tie more band set than I like because of the arthritis in my hands and the nerve damage in my left arm. I am a morning person and don't like to do much after noon. -- Tex

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
I'm usually up between 5 and 6 as well. Like to git er done early.
Nice pouches!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Those pouches and dies look great. Quite a production you have going there.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
I used to be up by 5:00 every morning ... had lots of energy in the morning ... in the sack by 10 pm. But over the last two years, I have evolved a more sedate pattern. I am usually up by 6:00 or 6:30. Then I have a morning ritual ... let the dog out for a pee, feed the birds, feed the dog, make breakfast for myself. Then there is a medical treatment that takes about 1/2 an hour. Then I like to lie in a hot tub of water and read a junk novel. Then I make the bed and get dressed. Then out for a walk with the dog. Maybe do some slingshot shooting or some household chore By that time, it is time for lunch. So I do not really get rolling until after lunch. And I tend to stay up until midnight. As I have aged, I have lost quite a bit of my energy ... which means I have wayyyy more projects than time to complete them. But life is never boring! Thanks for showing us your pouch dies ... and I love to hear about the routines of others.

Cheers ..... Charles

·
Super Moderator
6,633 Posts
I am also an early riser. I don't have to be to work till 6:30am but sometimes I get there at 5am. I know it sounds crazy but I actually love my job. I always find some things to do. Sometimes may even carve a fork or two in the shop at work when I get there early or some other slingshot accessories. I just love strolling around that early with a big coffee in my hand doing little things. Great set-up Tex and those dies are really Professionally done! Flatband

·
Registered
243 Posts
I too am up early...... then roll over and get a couple more hours
I spent 20 + years in the Marines and have had enough of the early wake ups! I am self employed so some days it's up and at em and others it's..... whatever.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Wow there are a fair few pouches!

I am also an early riser. I don't have to be to work till 6:30am but sometimes I get there at 5am. I know it sounds crazy but I actually love my job. I always find some things to do. Sometimes may even carve a fork or two in the shop at work when I get there early or some other slingshot accessories. I just love strolling around that early with a big coffee in my hand doing little things. Great set-up Tex and those dies are really Professionally done! Flatband
Where do you work? Just curious.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I work in the den ir in the computer room. -- Tex!

·
Super Moderator
6,633 Posts
HI Jaxter, I'm a Maintenance man or the less glorified name -Custodian-Janitor at an elementary school. Love children,love the variety the job offers. No more big commute-School is 10 minutes door to door-I'm usually home by 3pm or earlier every day.FUN! Flatband

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
That makes sense- every school I went to, the janitors were always the coolest workers.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Have to get up early to water any plants we want to save, supposed to be 105 today.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I admire you, Bill! Keep up the good work and NEVER stop doing what you do so well! I 'dabble' in several different hobbies just to keep me busy and am usually up between 6 and 6:30. Bad knees and back keep me from doing very much any more but I like woodworking and metal detecting along with my dabbling with slingshots.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts