Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was made as a custom order, I did a copy of a Metro frame. We changed the way the bands are attached. It was very challenging work. I don't have a laser cutter bench, so I did all pieces by hand and it was hard to fit them together. I used ilex, bloodwood, walnut, purpleheart, grenadill burl, and Baltic birch plywood to build this beautiful slingshot :). Finished with boiled linseed oil.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Mojave Mo
5,155 Posts
Thanks for the build photos on that amazing sling Sharker. I'd have to live in a one room house my myself for a few years to pull that off! I see the horizontal holes through the fork tips. Am I not seeing the slots, or what am I missing regarding band attachment method?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the build photos on that amazing sling Sharker. I'd have to live in a one room house my myself for a few years to pull that off! I see the horizontal holes through the fork tips. Am I not seeing the slots, or what am I missing regarding band attachment method?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Its bit hard to notice cos the plywood pattern, but there are straight cut til those horizontal hole. So you can roll the band tip and pull it in hole.

Reactions: MOJAVE MO

·
Super Moderator
6,673 Posts
Another Gem! Great work Mr. Sharker!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts