Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
Indeed I took a trip to the dark side. In short my hand is distressed at the thought of trying to hold onto a flat frame anymore.

I conversed with J5 and he wasn't afraid to take my original CF LBS and fatten it up for me. However I didn't want to wait and talked myself into not messing up a rather simple modification!

I puzzled a awhile over what material to use for my swell material. It would have been easy to purchase some Carbon Fiber or G10 or Micarta and try to compliment the very nice heavy weave Carbon Fiber that J5 used to make this Original LBS. To me that was going to be risky and most likely take away from the look of that material in this sling.

So I went with Maple because I had some and it seemed that I could accent the look of the CF without really screwing up the overall look and functionality that I was trying to accomplish. I've seen some art and some jewelry that was mixing wood and carbon, or old tech and new tech, and settled on that concept as my inspiration. I am really happy how it turned out. A white liner between the CF and Maple would have been supreme, but I can't see that anyway when it is buried in my palm!

Thanks for looking!! MMM
96c635d49a4c2772acede830712475b9.jpg
d5c88806992795e32b63962d31e18ad4.jpg
7d7b4d4f812c4f647e55885b5ff21eee.jpg
233dd929ea434bd8811be091cde7c8c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Yowzzaaa!!! Nice work Mo! .. I like it! ... I was prepared to give it a a go! .. but u made it happen.. i have made a couple with swells on them .. some with the opposite side swell i call it a finger swell .. and then a couple palm swells.. I prefer the finger swells.. but I prefer flat even more ! Lol .. I guess we are all different and have different hands .. u did great man!!! .. the maple looks cool on the carbin

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
Mo...
When I see a photo of you forks, the handles look huge. But then I see a photo one in your hand, and it doesn't look big at all. Strange...I may owe you an apology.
No apology required! I do take extra close-ups of my stuff mostly so I can see it better myself. I also have a paw that is just to much meat for a tiny sling. It sort of feels like drinking a beer out of a bottle cap instead of the bottle.

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yowzzaaa!!! Nice work Mo! .. I like it! ... I was prepared to give it a a go! .. but u made it happen.. i have made a couple with swells on them .. some with the opposite side swell i call it a finger swell .. and then a couple palm swells.. I prefer the finger swells.. but I prefer flat even more ! Lol .. I guess we are all different and have different hands .. u did great man!!! .. the maple looks cool on the carbin

Thanks J5! I am not prepared to go into the Palm Swell business so you are safe for now!

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mo, awesome egg shell mod bro! Looks like it fits like a glove! Did you just use epoxy to hold it together?
Yup. I drilled out the back of the eggswell do give some variance to the surface to maximize epoxibility. The carbon fiber isn't pourous but the surface isn't like steel or aluminum either, so I guesstimated that I would not have an adherence problem. Also it isn't an area that would be stressed in any direction unless I dropped it.
0d0b2956a0350202b650fa146b0cb5ad.jpg

·
Registered
4,858 Posts

Thanks J5! I am not prepared to go into the Palm Swell business so you are safe for now!

Hahahaha .. your crazy dude .. it looks sweet! .. hope she handles better for you!

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Hahahaha .. your crazy dude .. it looks sweet! .. hope she handles better for you!

Yo J5 I can send you the blueprints.....for a price!!

·
Registered
4,858 Posts

Yo J5 I can send you the blueprints.....for a price!!

name your price Mobro!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts