Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all. I prefer to shoot OTT in part because I have an established comfort level with that form. When I am going to shoot TTF I always reach for the Scorpion which has been a sweet shooter for me.
The Question:
When I get lazy with the TTF I move my aiming away from the Center Band to the Edge of Band. I want to put an aiming sight on the fork but I am unsure about whether I will prefer a half-round, or a notch sight?? I cannot afford to screw it up and erase and start over. Thanks but I don't want to draw a line on the band.
Have any of you ever drilled a little hole to hold a BB at the sight line? Of course my conundrum includes not wanting to affect wear on the band but give me a reference point to keep me from wandering.
I have tried using the 'Force' with my TTF Scorpion but we aren't on the same frequency.
All thoughts will be appreciated! Mo
c917530b28ef1276ad01313d2f69a4be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent. Thanks gents. Thanks for clarifying the file size Bill. I've done this before with a round Chainsaw file and I just couldn't get happy with it. Time to shoot!

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
Yeah, I love the grip of the Scorpion, just not a ttf shooter. I am happy with the results :)

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Y'all. I prefer to shoot OTT in part because I have an established comfort level with that form. When I am going to shoot TTF I always reach for the Scorpion which has been a sweet shooter for me.
The Question:
When I get lazy with the TTF I move my aiming away from the Center Band to the Edge of Band. I want to put an aiming sight on the fork but I am unsure about whether I will prefer a half-round, or a notch sight?? I cannot afford to screw it up and erase and start over. Thanks but I don't want to draw a line on the band.
Have any of you ever drilled a little hole to hold a BB at the sight line? Of course my conundrum includes not wanting to affect wear on the band but give me a reference point to keep me from wandering.
I have tried using the 'Force' with my TTF Scorpion but we aren't on the same frequency.
All thoughts will be appreciated! Mo
c917530b28ef1276ad01313d2f69a4be.jpg

I have an A+ SS [somewhere] that has a small piece of paracord for a sight,sticks up about an 1/8th of an inch,the SS is the cyclops model I will see if I can find it and post a pic,it works fairly well,when I am working fairly well,lol

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
For future reference, it is easier to start the groove with a hacksaw. The file will follow the line left by the saw and save the struggle of trying to keep the file straight while you place the groove.

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For future reference, it is easier to start the groove with a hacksaw. The file will follow the line left by the saw and save the struggle of trying to keep the file straight while you place the groove.
I think I saw your tip once before. I did start the line with my Skarrd knife, then went to a triangle file, the finished with the rattail file. However, I think I may need to go a little deeper. I can barely make out the groove at my draw length. Maybe that is the idea? I did this once before and went so deep and wide that I was buckling the band, no bueno.

·
Aimstinctivist
774 Posts
"For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." -Yoda

Luke had problems following Yoda's guidance in The Empire Strikes Back. He didn't fully put his faith in the Force and only saw limitations. When he didn't believe it was possible for anyone to lift his X-wing out of the swamps of Dagobah, Yoda schooled him, as I will school you now:

Giving up on the Force is akin to denying your own instincts. You must learn to submit to it. When you do, the natural variables within the rubber and your individual execution, from shot to shot, will become inconsequential because the Force will make you aware of them and adjust accordingly. Remember it's not a "frequency," it's an immutable energy binding all things.

Submission is hard, I'll grant you that, but the rewards are phenomenal.

Sights on a slingshot are useless because your focus should be on the target- feel it you must.

Have you given up on Epsom salt as well? :)

intro-1568760078.jpg

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." -Yoda

Luke had problems following Yoda's guidance in The Empire Strikes Back. He didn't fully put his faith in the Force and only saw limitations. When he didn't believe it was possible for anyone to lift his X-wing out of the swamps of Dagobah, Yoda schooled him, as I will school you now:

Giving up on the Force is akin to denying your own instincts. You must learn to submit to it. When you do, the natural variables within the rubber and your individual execution, from shot to shot, will become inconsequential because the Force will make you aware of them and adjust accordingly. Remember it's not a "frequency," it's an immutable energy binding all things.

Submission is hard, I'll grant you that, but the rewards are phenomenal.

Sights on a slingshot are useless because your focus should be on the target- feel it you must.

Have you given up on Epsom salt as well? :)

intro-1568760078.jpg
THAT was awesome Obihulla! I seriously believe in the words you speak. I did feel it was 'laziness' that allowed me to wander from my goal, and I needed to blame it on something tangible. My humaness is my real flaw!

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is another thought. You have cut a round notch and it is not quite what you had in mind. How about now gluing a bb in the slot?
Yup. But I'm thinking my magnetic personality might then make me miss to the right.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
The notch you made looks a wee bit narrow. I just checked the aiming groove on my TTF Mini-Taurus. The groove measures 0.20" wide and very close to 0.70" in depth. A short piece of 1745 tubing will fit nicely into the groove. The groove depth is a bit less than half the 1745. It gives enough of a divot that I can index but not too deep a divot that the bands buckle.

Attachments

·
Mojave Mo
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The notch you made looks a wee bit narrow. I just checked the aiming groove on my TTF Mini-Taurus. The groove measures 0.20" wide and very close to 0.70" in depth. A short piece of 1745 tubing will fit nicely into the groove. The groove depth is a bit less than half the 1745. It gives enough of a divot that I can index but not too deep a divot that the bands buckle.
Ohman. Thanks for that! I'm at Lowe's right now grabbing a fatter rattail file. The one I used it actually a jewelers file. AKA.. too dang small!!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Here is another thought. You have cut a round notch and it is not quite what you had in mind. How about now gluing a bb in the slot?
Mo... been pondering this poser. I've decided that a BB is to big. How about stripping the insulation off a length of 14 gauge wire and using that. If you think about all the shotguns in your life, you are only going to see the bead the first few times you shoot anyway.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts