Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to a little encouragement from The Treeman I got through this bent stick with my knife, a rasp, and a couple of jewelers files and one 4x4 piece of 220grit. I needed the drill press to make my holes but I didn't fill them with a brass tube. Nothing but BLO and Paste Wax sans flames and jewelry too. I dig it. No noise, no sawdust cloud or major screwups. Thanks for looking! Mo
c3d2657cd3ae06d7630177a106e47548.jpg
f579547c2da6334dd92cd41d2851e78b.jpg
8346d6b30d3773b4fcd5e61bb1901ef7.jpg
b2baca6d6669ad3adbb7ec1bc2e6d286.jpg
bd49f5529f46230bb24269fd772efb74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Palo Doblado>>> ..

I really like your shape and finish. I wonder at the small holes, are going to try to peg it or use the 'ol Texas snare?

Either way the old bent stick is looking like a shooter to me. I'm always impressed by your creativity.
I was wondering the same thing. Great job but we need to see it wearing tubes!

·
Mojave Mo
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Palo Doblado>>> ..
I really like your shape and finish. I wonder at the small holes, are going to try to peg it or use the 'ol Texas snare?
Either way the old bent stick is looking like a shooter to me. I'm always impressed by your creativity.
Yuppers. I'm am gonna Snare-Wrap and Tie on the tubes and let the magic happen!

·
Mojave Mo
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Palo Doblado>>> ..
I was wondering the same thing. Great job but we need to see it wearing tubes!
Ohyea! Palo Dobablo will be dressed in tubes by Sunday!

·
Mojave Mo
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice, Mo!! And a drill press was a good call, I don't have one and ruined more than one fork drilling by hand.
I am with you on that. The drill press was a Christmas present to help cut down on the screaming and thrashing from the shop. I would have been a lousy oilman.

·
Mojave Mo
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh yeah! That's a cutie! Nice job buddy perfect fork.
Thanks IBJ! You cannot imagine the time I am putting into studying every fork and frame ever photographed that I can find. It definitely keeps me out of trouble, sort of!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts