Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, if you wanted to shoot the most accurate slingshot that you own for the bragging rights of the entire free world :imslow:? ? I'm not asking for your favorite, I'm saying if the chips were down and you absolutely had to hit the mark from say 33 feet. Which of all the shooters would you choose? Shot size, bands, pouch too if you don't mind.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
That's a tough one, but if I were to decide based on personal experience and other factors such as ergonomics and weight, I would choose one of the Chinese "chasing dragon" designs with their chunky stainless steel pinch-grip forks, as they enable the same anchor point-based holding stance shot after shot without thinking about it.

It's a bit like a competition pistol with ergonomic grips: consistency guaranteed.

This particular slingshot design reduces wrist torsion to a maximum, and is what I now mostly use when target shooting at 1.5 inch rings drawn on corrugated cardboard at 10 yards. Although not absolutely essential, the fiber optic sights do help in target acquisition quite significantly, along with the very good accuracy potential of the entire setup.

All that being said, I have been doing very well indeed with the latest addition to my collection, the new "Popeye" slingshot, which stands out for its compact size and heft being entirely made of stainless steel. This could also be a prime choice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Wow you do ask tough ones, ok I'm in no way a competition target shooter so I'll get that out of the way first lol So for a one off chips are down sniper shot, one of these two. Either Precise gen3 0.45 shooting 8mm (5/16") or Sumeike 0.65 bands shooting 9.5mm (3/8") steels. Warrior Knight Roo pouch.

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Well... For 33ft I may as well just throw my marbles backwards over my head like a newlywed bride tossing her bouquet. The likelihood of hitting the target is just as good.

In order to appear like a contender I would grab my stainless steel antelope frame with looped 1632 tubes and a pouch cut from scrap leather (cause I can't afford or find Kangaroo leather like some of you fancy-Dans). I'd shoot 3/8" steel, but could go with 1/2" marbles as well. It doesn't really matter. Then, after a half dozen shots I would mutter something about my rotator cuff and crosswinds before bowing out.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
For those without an obsessive arsenal to choose from. Fear not because with practice it won't be long before you could succeed in the challenge with a tree fork; office bands and a marble (glass, clay or otherwise) ????

Or even something like this

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Right now it's a mini Taurus shooting .55mm Precise bands and 9mm steel.... That's IF I absolutely had to hit the target no matter what else.

But for daily shooting and the last tournament I won, I've been using .75mm Precise and 9mm steel on the original mini Taurus TTF prototype.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I would choose my modified F-16 with flatbands and 3/8" steel. It's a very stable frame with the finger hooks and lanyard.

attachicon.gif
0501191531.jpg
Hey GG, that's a really cool frame! Have you done a post detailing it yet? If not I'd love to see one. I've got an F16 frame sitting around without a clue of what to do with it.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I would choose my modified F-16 with flatbands and 3/8" steel. It's a very stable frame with the finger hooks and lanyard.

attachicon.gif
0501191531.jpg
Hey GG, that's a really cool frame! Have you done a post detailing it yet? If not I'd love to see one. I've got an F16 frame sitting around without a clue of what to do with it.
I will try to get some photos and more Information posted in the modified slingshot section tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Well... For 33ft I may as well just throw my marbles backwards over my head like a newlywed bride tossing her bouquet. The likelihood of hitting the target is just as good.

In order to appear like a contender I would grab my stainless steel antelope frame with looped 1632 tubes and a pouch cut from scrap leather (cause I can't afford or find Kangaroo leather like some of you fancy-Dans). I'd shoot 3/8" steel, but could go with 1/2" marbles as well. It doesn't really matter. Then, after a half dozen shots I would mutter something about my rotator cuff and crosswinds before bowing out.
Contact warrior pouches in Facebook and he will hook you up with some nice and cheap roo pouches ????
Ask him what he has available and what he recommends and you really cant go wrong.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.