Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one on the left is a small mountain laurel fork which I just whittled out and polished with carnauba wax. I kind of thought it would come out nice with it's bark still on. The one on the right is one that I've posted before as "Walnut Surprise". Well I was wrong. When I cut it I thought it was a dead on the stump dogwood. After I cleaned it up I decided it couldn't be dogwood because I wasn't a "white wood". Well, I went back and checked the tree. It is dogwood. I guess you could call it spalted dogwood. All I know is I have a number of forks where one branch of the fork died and the other continued to grow. After I harvest them and clean them up I get dogwood forks that look like the third picture I attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
I like the dogwood! it's like night and day!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Those dogwood forks look like something very delicious :cookie:

Nice!!!!

Cheers ...Q

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
That Mountain Laurel is a favorite wood of Mr. Blue Skeen too-along with Dogwood. Nice job Bud! Flatband

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the same bit of Mountain Laurel mostly debarked. I like it both ways. What a nice wood this is.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So here is that Mountain Laurel fork all banded up. Bands are TBG 1cm x 1 cm x 7.5" active. BB gun to replace one I made for my mom.

The Dogwood fork with the leather is now sporting 4 x 1.5" x 0.5" x 9.5" active length 0.3175mm thick pure latex. That is going to get me into the 300 club with 0.33 buckshot at 54gr. That is the plan anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I like the debarked mountain laurel fork at most, but all looks good and the dogwood fork very strong.

I wish you good power to going in the 300 club !!

Cheers :wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.