Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cut this fork off a white mulberry tree bout 4 yr ago, just found it the other day, took bunch of sanding down to 1500 grit, shot 6 coats lacquer, steel wool, some red thera tubes, and ta. Data I got another shooter, and still got bout 12 meters tubing left, ohhh what to make next, here. Tis. My latest tabtuber

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
Firstly, I wanna say glad you got the lead press for "lead beans" I'm jelly over that one. Looks so smooth like it was coated in butter and then glass to add more shine. I'm with Kawkan on your tabs.

Looks like leather has a hole punched in the top middle. Then the tubes are knotted after going through that hole. Tabs held by friction from rubber on that "oh so smooth" finish. Just a guess.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, hole and the tube thru both layers, tie off, then fit tabs to fork with drop of contact cement, then wrap and tuck, used this setup for years, different tubes or even flats easy to change, lots fork clearance, to remove tabs , unwrap, pull tab firmly, most times leather pulls apart, sand fork, and re-do to another setup, works for me, my tubes are 6” and I draw 33”, never had a tab even loosen or give a problem, so as I say works for me

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Boy that is a smooth surface, nice job.

Now these tabs...You are folding them double, punching a hole, so when unfolded you have two holes in which to loop your bands or tubes. Then you fasten them to the fork? In theory then you could shoot it from both sides. right? Cool..

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, I have one side slightly shorter, but if they are even you could shoot either side, they would need to be slightly longer if done that way, I really like the way I use them, shorter side to me long side to target.

·
Mojave Mo
4,837 Posts
Wow. It looks like Ivory. I mean camel bone, because only the government can own Ivory.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The bark did not come off easy took a passel of 60 grit to get it off, was surprised at the light color and lack of grain.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Mulberry... That is a first for me. Just curious, but can you see the growth rings on the butt? someone mentioned that it was hard wood.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts