Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night my insomnia kicked in so between watching episodes of Sherlock Holmes on Netflix I started dusting some of the toys in the bedroom while trying not to wake the girlfriend. Anyway it made me think about those "what do you have by your bed threads" so with the exception of a foot locker full weapons this is what I have loose near my bed.
My side of the room

Her side of the room

under the bed

Sorry about the picture quality all I have is my cell

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I really like the Thai blade in the last pic and the brown handled Kukri in the first.

I have a large variety of cutlery in the bedroom, not as weapons, but it's where I store the collectibles and some of the users so I can keep an eye on them far away from the kids. I'm not worried that the kids would hurt themselves; they grew up being allowed to handle sharp and pointy things, pricey cameras and stuff, but I don't want them being taken to school for Show-and-Tell-and-Summary-Confiscation. If I met an intruder, I'd just chuck the missus at him.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Yeah those "Missuses" are pretty dangerous plus mine comes heavily armed..those on her side of the bed are just a small part of her collection as well.
The Thai darb is close to a hundred years old, the Kurkri is a HI Kobra made by the kami Kumar and is one of my favorite edged weapons.

·
Super Moderator
6,676 Posts
Wow, someone better think twice about coming into your house un-invited! Nice bunch of blades Scott! BTW,the little guy is on his way! Flatband

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Flatband, that's great should be here by my birthday how cool is that.
As for the weapons, heck that's just one room, the only rooms in the house that don't have something are the bathrooms.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I'll be lending my Thai e-nep to a mate to bring with us to the Jungle. We've just booked our tickets to the RPI. I'll be carrying a self-made Philippine bolo. I will also be lending a Cold Steel Bushman and an American Bowie/camp knife. It'll be good to see how they compare against the local Philippine Bolo. I'm also considering lending someone a valuable collectible Nexus 7 or CRK Green Beret/Nkonka, but I'd want to be more certain that they wouldn't get confiscated on arrival before risking that kind of investment on the whims of a customs guy.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah you never know what they may want to add to their collection.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
855 Posts
There quality is great but they primarily make for stage fighting and re-enactors so they are blunt unless you make arrangements to have them sharpened.
I see they offer many items in "full blunt" (tips rounded) and also with sharp tips but blunt edges. How do the edges on the sharp tipped ones compare to, say, Windlass? I have no trouble sharpening Windlass blades on my belt sander, given the thin edge geometry.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
slightly thicker but not by much...now it has been a couple of years since I bought anything from them, but they were real good about answering questions when I emailed them..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts