Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this 2 cattys last week.
Slightly extended shooters, one is a bit smaller than the other and they are a bit more aesthetic (and smaller too) than my last boardcut. The palm swell and the fork became more clearer lines. Sanded with 1200-er paper, finished with lineseed oil.
Both do fit my hand perfectly. Shooting with them is a dream, accuracy too

I`m very happy about this sweet little shooters!!!
Can`t give them out of my hands!

Regards
Torsten

·
Registered
606 Posts
I really do like these Torsten and thank you for posting the video last time i asked. They are really tiny or you have giant hands my friend
I really love the way they stand upright on their own. I think it's amazing how you can shoot albatross aka butterfly style through such small forks. You need to take a break from shooting slingshots for 10 years so the rest of us mortals can try to catch up with you

How long did each one take to make please?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Torten, you rock. Not only you are a great shooter, but a good slingshot designer. Excellent work!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all you guys!!

@Shot in the foot

Sorry, no video the next 4 weeks. I`m not at home for this time!

@ lucifer

This 4-week break will be enough I think

Btw, these cattys are tiny, indeed. It took me nearly 5 hours to make one of them. I`m not such a skilled craftsman

Regards
Torsten

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Hey Torsten... there are two frames. One for you and one for me!

These frames look excellent. What is the fork width? I was always a bit fearful of narrow forks but I might try something narrow on my next attempt.

We are all looking forward to the next video. Hopefully we see these new frames being shot.

Cheers,
Northerner

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The distance between the middle of the forktips from the smaller catty is 4,5 cm. And 5 cm from the larger one.
Don`t be fearful to shoot narrower forks. I shoot over the top. The only things you have to do is not to cant the catty, to flip the catty after every release and to draw the band more than around 400%. This will protect you from fork hits!
I had only fork hits when I was unconcentrated and stretched my butterfly bands only to my ear

Regards

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great and unique designs , ............I like these pretty much ,........especially the reversed palm swell , the "V"-shaped transition of the handle towards the fork and the widened bottom portion of the grip , ...........all in all everything matches for a perfect product
!

Guess , that you've used beechwood, ......looking like that to me !

greetz , Holzwurm

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Absolutely the most awesome and beautiful slingshots I've ever seen and the craftsmanship is supreme ! You ROCK !

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Queeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Chuuuuuuuuulada!

Torsten fine your work!

It's amazing your skills with a range close That Barbaro!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.