Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well were can i start, i have made a slingshot out of a very old toilet seat ha ha, thats why the name ha ha, i havnt a jig saw its broke so i had to use a little hand saw, its palm swell was glued on, but i havnt got a vice or clamp, so i put the glue on then parked my car on it over night ha ha, it worked, i have put the rings on top cos i will be putting the thin tubes on when they come from the very nice people at Dankung, so i have just put a tapered thera band single gold on, it shoot very well, and fits my hand like a glove, i have just stained it not put varnish on cos i like to feel the wood, thanks for looking jeff

here its is, it wont make slingshot of the month cos its Crap but its my Crap ha ha,

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I would have a little more of a gap between the top of the fork and the handle as it looks a little to shallow I see you have used another peice to thicken the handle as you shown me on another post not bad though Jeff.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Not bad, Jeff, but it looks like you didn't leave a little gap for the tubes to go on quick. Otherwise looks like a comfortable shooter.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
It may be a crappy slingshot but at least it ain't no pee-wee.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not bad, Jeff, but it looks like you didn't leave a little gap for the tubes to go on quick. Otherwise looks like a comfortable shooter.
With the forks been so low you can put stong bands on, there is not too much strain on the wrist, ive had a double thera band gold on it today and there was no fork hits or hand slaps,
and there is a small delve in the top of the fork that allows the tubes to slip on and off easy, i tried to take a photo of the delve but you just cant see it in the photo,
you can even put the thicker tubes on, jeff

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Love the car idea as a clamp!!!
Talk about making do with what you have- Brilliant!!!!
Flatband

·
Resigned
946 Posts
I like it. I have been waiting to see this, I thought you were winding me up. Its a cracking slingshot I want to try one like this.
Nice one Jeff.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I forgot about the rings you put on top giving more height,I am 50 & losing it a bit.give it ten years and I wont be able to remember your names.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I forgot about the rings you put on top giving more height,I am 50 & losing it a bit.give it ten years and I wont be able to remember your names.
Im 53 but still acts like a kid ha ha, fell out of a tree yesterday getting a wood pigeon i shot ha ha landed in a load of nettles,
and thanks for all your crap replys ha ha , jeff

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Well were can i start, i have made a slingshot out of a very old toilet seat ha ha, thats why the name ha ha, i havnt a jig saw its broke so i had to use a little hand saw, its palm swell was glued on, but i havnt got a vice or clamp, so i put the glue on then parked my car on it over night ha ha, it worked, i have put the rings on top cos i will be putting the thin tubes on when they come from the very nice people at Dankung, so i have just put a tapered thera band single gold on, it shoot very well, and fits my hand like a glove, i have just stained it not put varnish on cos i like to feel the wood, thanks for looking jeff

here its is, it wont make slingshot of the month cos its Crap but its my Crap ha ha,

It looks good just like this with no sealer I just like wood to be wood. Its a great design.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Que buena puntada Jeff!
Yo imaginaba que era por alguna decepción al no quedar contento con el resultado, pero veo que es puro buen humor jajaja!
That good puntada Jeff!
I imagined that I was by some deception when not being contented with the result, but see that the good humor is pure jajaja!
I liked both
Chepo

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am gutted, went up the farm this morning shooting rats, just going to get in the car and the farmer shouted me over to give me some eggs, so i put the slingshot ontop of the car and forgot about it and drove off, ive been back and forwards 3 times but alass i have lost it, i had 5 rats with it and was made up, what a shame, jeff

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
I am gutted, went up the farm this morning shooting rats, just going to get in the car and the farmer shouted me over to give me some eggs, so i put the slingshot ontop of the car and forgot about it and drove off, ive been back and forwards 3 times but alass i have lost it, i had 5 rats with it and was made up, what a shame, jeff
Man, that sucks, it was far from crap!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Oh man!!!! Don't stop looking. Reminds me of the first time I took my first Mora knife-- which I loved -- out on a hike in the woods and lost it out of my pocket in the first hour. Retraced my steps in for another 45 minutes. Thanks to the red handle, I found it though.
(I'd send ya my toilet seat but I think it's made of plastic -- hey, maybe it would. . . naw, crappy idea
)

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for making me feel even more crappy ha ha, im just glad it wasnt my bamboo shooter, id be still out there looking, jeff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts