Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,671 Posts
Wow, the Post Office is doing some job lately! That was fast! Have fun and be safe Mr. Thwupppppppppppp!!!!!!!
Flatband

·
Resigned
1,152 Posts
I really like the way the linatex looks on a wooden slingshot. To me, it hearkens back to simpler times when red bands would have been cut out of an old latex inner tube and they would have been as good as anything else available without having to go on the Band Material Hunt we all do today. Nice work Flatband, and I'm going to have to get one of those too. You know they're good when people who pay for your product do your advertising for you!

·
Registered
855 Posts
BTW, does my form look OK? I am still a relative noob
I draw to about the same point, but I hold the fork horizontally and my anchor is higher up (I touch my thumbnail to my cheekbone just under my right eye). There are no hard and fast rules about form other than use what feels natural and be consistent. Obviously, if you have problems (horrible accuracy, very inconsistent accuracy even after much practice, hitting the forks, etc.)those are a whole other story, but they can be dealt with should they arise. Otherwise, don't sweat it. Looks fine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey Brian, if you do happen to hit the fork, don't keep shooting until you can figure out why you hit the fork. Mr. dummy stubborn here kept shooting and broke the fork on my Flatband. Mr. Flatband told me how to fix it and helped me understand what I was doing wrong and now I shoot it just fine. Now, I have to work on my form some more cause I still get fork hits on other slingshots.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Hey Brian, if you do happen to hit the fork, don't keep shooting until you can figure out why you hit the fork. Mr. dummy stubborn here kept shooting and broke the fork on my Flatband. Mr. Flatband told me how to fix it and helped me understand what I was doing wrong and now I shoot it just fine. Now, I have to work on my form some more cause I still get fork hits on other slingshots.
I too had a fork hit with my curly maple but the fork broke from the hit thats why I went to other wood material like bamboo because it is extreemly strong also poplar does not tend to split, crack or break very easily they wont break and of course ss thought it will show a hit from a steel ball it is maliable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Who makes a bamboo slingshot? I would love to get one of those!! I play the Japanese bamboo flute and would love one. Let me know if you know anyone who sells them

As for fork strike, I have been ok so far. I will let you know if a problem arises. I shoot flip style and it seems to be working ok for now luckily. I really appreciate all the replies.

Brian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.