Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh hai.

After a half season of belgian slingshot competition (I won 2 of the tournaments in my category) of shooting with my normal slings,
some judge noticed my slingshot (it had been checked TWICE before btw) had elastic wrapping around the fork ends.
This is quite normal, as they keep the rubber bands in place...

All my slings are now banned from competition, and therefor, so am I.
Reason: The bands and grooves are aiming points , much like a visor, and forbidden in competition.

90% of the belgian competion shooters use the slot method of connecting their bands, as they use square tube and its easily adjustable that way, I was using the over the top flatband connection, with grooves in the fork, to keep them in place (a superior connection in my eyes, hence why i use it.)

So I had to find a new way to connect bands over the top, that would not show in any way in the sight of the holder.

And this is where I came up with the F*ckYouConnection.

Thanks for sticking with my 'sad' story so far, here are some images.

And a bonus, as if there weren't enough pictures in the post yet.
A Seetroughtpult

In the next post, because there's a limit, it seems.

·
Registered
740 Posts
It's a different version of the clamp-on method. I think just a few rubber strips are better and much more beautiful. But if you want to attach 10 layers

of thera-band or you may not use the rubber strips the clamp-on method is best!

Hahahaha a while back i thought that you can use a peeler as a slingshot as well! But you were faster

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I totally like the name you gave to your connection method ! If the judges ask what you call it what are you going to tell them? I love it !

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I totally like the name you gave to your connection method ! If the judges ask what you call it what are you going to tell them? I love it !
Yes I will, I'll tell them F*ckYouConnection ,and i'll tell them with love.

Made a few new slings yesterday, and got me some nice wood

Miranti 22mm Multiplex, it feels and smells awesome.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would firm up the hole in the band with some clear nailpolish. Any time you have a hole- it is liable to tear...

·
Registered
609 Posts
I love the way you have attached the Flatbands great catty design low folks with the bike grip on the handle to shoot with a very strong hammer style grip. Amazing little veg peeler catty Very Cool

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Man I love the clear potato pealer, what a novel idea. I will try to find two one in plastic and another in stainless.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hahaha, I've just had my bands break in the middle instead of at the edges

it works
I am greatly pleased.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I really truly don't get the Belgian rules. Since slingshots are not a traditional sport like Japanese archery and since the laws of the land do not proscribe it then all it does is discourage innovation and enjoyment.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
The judges should be disqualified for having aiming points at the end of their noses.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really truly don't get the Belgian rules. Since slingshots are not a traditional sport like Japanese archery and since the laws of the land do not proscribe it then all it does is discourage innovation and enjoyment.
It is a traditional sport here o.o

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
Those rules see very harsh. I like your naming scheme! And the see through slingshot is awesome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts