Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks so much for having me. I'm pretty much a novice. I have a daisy powerline model I bought from walmart. I have had some practice with it as I also owned one before. I was really hoping someone could give me tips on mods for better accuracy, and faster firing. I was thinking I should mod the pouch for this. Maybe I should by different bands, I was told some colors are stronger than other ? I'm open to any and all suggestions, all will be appreciated. I want to hear what people did personally to their own.Thanks for the site, and any who reply, take care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking forward to those band mods. Do the walmart slingshots suck or something ? Is there a better place to buy them ?

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Looking forward to those band mods. Do the walmart slingshots suck or something ? Is there a better place to buy them ?
Hello Harvey welcome to the forum.
I've never used the daisy slingshot so can't answer your question.
You can find a lot of info in the bands and tubes section. You also should have a go at making your own.
Have fun and happy shooting.
Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to meet you rockslinger, Nice picture is that your grandson I'm guessing, cute kid. Bands and tubes section it is then, I'll check it out later got some stuff to do now. Take care.

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
Thanks so much for having me. I'm pretty much a novice. I have a daisy powerline model I bought from walmart. I have had some practice with it as I also owned one before. I was really hoping someone could give me tips on mods for better accuracy, and faster firing. I was thinking I should mod the pouch for this. Maybe I should by different bands, I was told some colors are stronger than other ? I'm open to any and all suggestions, all will be appreciated. I want to hear what people did personally to their own.Thanks for the site, and any who reply, take care.
Which of the three Powerline models did you get? I have a B-52 which I shot about 300 rounds through before retiring it. The stock bands are pretty bad. I went through 4 sets before I realized that the fork tips had sharp edges. I replaced them with TheraBand Green tubes which was a huge improvement. I've since learned that TheraBand Yellow is better for me.

Commercial wire frame slingshots are not too bad to start with, but since most of them are pretty terrible, I think beginners would be much better served to buy a decent set of bands from one of our Vendors and attach them to a tree fork. Not only will it shoot better and be cheaper, but you get a much better sense of accomplishment destroying cans with something you put together.

In any case, welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I won't say they suck. With a slingshot and personal preference I gravitated to a different style and like flat bands very much. or even the smaller tubes like the Dankung, Tex and Simple-Shot sell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the B52 model. I once ripped one of the bands as well but then I practiced and haven't ripped it yet. I had heard as well that the green tubes are nice, but I didn't know where to get them. I'll have to contact one of the vendors when I get more money, I've been without a full time job for a while so I'm about to be broke. Maybe next year when I get back my tax return money I'll buy from one of the vendors. How often did you practice to get good ? Thanks guys for your answers as you can tell I'm pretty new at this. I'm open to all tips. What about those youtube videos with people using magnets in the pouch to hold the ammo in place ? good or bad ? I have a bunch of magnets I purchased for this but never got around to the mod, I just didn't know if I should or not. I only have the one slingshot, one replacement yellow band and some ammo.

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
I got the B52 model. I once ripped one of the bands as well but then I practiced and haven't ripped it yet. I had heard as well that the green tubes are nice, but I didn't know where to get them. I'll have to contact one of the vendors when I get more money, I've been without a full time job for a while so I'm about to be broke. Maybe next year when I get back my tax return money I'll buy from one of the vendors. How often did you practice to get good ? Thanks guys for your answers as you can tell I'm pretty new at this. I'm open to all tips. What about those youtube videos with people using magnets in the pouch to hold the ammo in place ? good or bad ? I have a bunch of magnets I purchased for this but never got around to the mod, I just didn't know if I should or not. I only have the one slingshot, one replacement yellow band and some ammo.
I don't recommend TB Green tubes for the B-52. The problem is that the frame only extends about half-way into the handle, and will begin to flex the handle after a while, especially with heavy bands. What kind of ammo do you shoot?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1/4 inch size is what I'm using Henry in Panama, thanks for the advice.
Looked at the gallery Tex-shooter looks good.

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
1/4 inch size is what I'm using Henry in Panama, thanks for the advice.
Looked at the gallery Tex-shooter looks good.
1/4 inch ammo is almost worthless for anything except speed shooting. I don't understand Daisy's thinking. None of the slingshot they sell are suitable for even 3/8 ammo. Tex's lightest bands are much better for 1/4 inch that Daisy's tubes, but still too much power. Get a set of Tex's target bands and move up to 3/8 inch. You'll be much happier.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had a daisy a few years ago, never liked it. The bands are too heavy and the pouch is too big. No speed unless you're shooting large ammo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice to meet you Carbon, what do you use by the way, or what's your favorite ?
I'll remember that Henry and will do as soon as I get some cash, which may be a while.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am using two homemade naturals right now. I would suggest a Scout by flippinout slingshots or a Dankung slingshot. Check out some reviews or ask around, there are some awesome craftsmen here.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Was going to go with the Daisy but stopped when I saw what the members have and the ones they have made!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice to meet you rapidray, yeah I feel the same way. I'm going to keep my Daisy, but it will probably be the only one I will have as I switch to other slingshots in the future.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts