Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new hunting slingshot, which is replacing a metal framed tubular one i made not so long ago.

It is made from Australian Gum. I cut the wood and forgot about it for a month, when i rediscovered it i saw its beauty with new eyes and had to make it. Luckily no cracks where present, so i covered it with a layer of 'aqua-proof' PVA glue, which worked AMAZINGLY. It is now waterproof, scratch-proof and has a lovely gloss over its wood pattern

My previous slingshot had marksman red tapered bands on it. These have been the only bands i have ever really used, other then tied office bands, and found they are fairly weak and HORRIBLE for natural slingshots. So i finally got round to ordering some flat-bands, from flatband, and got myself a set of Wham-O Gum rubber slingshot bands [I shortened them to my draw length], which i have discovered back twice the punch of the tubes.

The handle is wrapped with para-cord and the bands are tied with cotton.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
One of the things I loved about the eucalyptus is not crack as easily as other woods, and the nobility to work it. I was excellent, andbetter justice to the tree emblematic of Australia my friend? welldone!

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Nice Shooter! -- Tex-Shooter

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Good one YoYo and I like it. If you're going to buy elastics you can't go wrong buying the Flatband Gary gum rubber ones. I have had some of his in the past and when coupled with a tiny pocket shooter I had made back in the day combined to create a devastatingly accurate pocket shooter.....they are great elastics to the tune of my being able to hit soda cans with cheap glass marbles out to 30+ yards with great regularity with this little pocket fork I once had.

Keep us posted on how this one works out in the field!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.