Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just wanted to take a moment and brag a bit about this one.

I made this slingshot a handful of years ago but recently it's had a bit of an update. My dad made those aluminum pins you see in the forks, and they work similarly to how a daisy slingshot would, taking advantage of the latex tubes' suction affect. However unlike daisy slingshots, where if you attach the tubes crooked they stay crooked, the pins rotate in their sockets so the tubes straighten themselves out upon drawing.

Aside from that I love the feel, and I'm proud of it. Proud of my sanding and staining job, proud of its performance and of its reliability.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice and beefy shooter, looks plenty strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did an arc shot from my back yard yesterday with an acorn for ammo. I managed to clear my next door neighbor's yard, clear the next person's house, and hit the roof of a house on the other side of the street in the same shot. Its got some range on it!

·
Mojave Mo
5,150 Posts
Question for those who commented on the attachment: would any of you be interested in purchasing a slingshot made by me with said method? Just trying to see if there is an interest garnered.
Make em' and Bake em'. My Mom won't let me purchase until I get rid of some. She says, "How many can you shoot at one time anyway?".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.