Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking good! Now if you can shoot them with out getting a fork hit about every 15th shot, your doing better than me lol.
Thanks! Ha! I know what you mean! I stopped getting fork hits when I got repeatable on 3 things in my behind head precision draw:

-precise setting of top band under my dominant eye, to same spot 1.25" below eye (mid distance of fork) and to the same touching point on cheekbone
-90° tilt (frame exactly parallel to gravity)
-pouch exactly parallel to gravity

In other words, I imagine tilting the frame and aiming down bands WITHOUT tilting pouch. Still accomplishes half twist. I don't do any torquing of shot off line of bands.

Still, if I shoot instinctively, rather than using a precision archery set and release, it's a roll of the dice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
280 Posts
Congrats on your first and good luck on your obsessions with making frames. Now that the bug has sunk its fangs inn, you cant help it, you will allways need a new frame. :naughty:

Your pfs looks very pocket friendly and functional, I like it! :)

/uba

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on your first and good luck on your obsessions with making frames. Now that the bug has sunk its fangs inn, you cant help it, you will allways need a new frame. :naughty:
Your pfs looks very pocket friendly and functional, I like it! :)

/uba
Thanks! I'm finding that to be true.
I'm after something I can keep in pocket all the time without much weight. Wood is winning right now, but I'd like to try something in plastic or resin next.

Any suggestion for pocketing bands without damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts