Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this in the local pet store, sold as a dog chew. Finger / thumb churls sanded out and the whole thing was massaged with Danish oil. Leather tabs, another first for me, were added, TB Gold and a BloodShot pouch complete the setup.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Dang! You are awesome, friend. That is a sweet little frame.

I was tempted to proclaim beginner's luck... but I will refrain from jealousy... hahaha

·
Registered
625 Posts
Looks great! Whats the size on that? What would it compare to? I have a lot of antler lying around and I never thought to make a catty out of one.

Reactions: MakoPat

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I was tempted to proclaim beginner's luck... but I will refrain from jealousy... hahaha
Definitely beginners luck. Not perfect, but it's a start.
I have difficulty believing you... any man that plays a didgeridoo (even a fun word!) is not just lucky, but clever.

Who is current favorite fantasy author? I am thinking of picking up a copy of Children of Blood & Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. She is only 25 and sold her movie rights for a few million. Heard a great NPR and BBC interviews.

@BSDave, that would be a new natty for you. I cannot wait to see what you do. But oh man! Antler, bone, and horn stink when worked. Even with hand tools. It lingers so might want to do it on the porch, friend. I cut a piece of horn one time in an apartent with a dremel. Never again. Hahaha...s'bad.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,410 Posts
Definitely beginners luck. Not perfect, but it's a start.
I have difficulty believing you... any man that plays a didgeridoo (even a fun word!) is not just lucky, but clever.

Who is current favorite fantasy author? I am thinking of picking up a copy of Children of Blood & Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. She is only 25 and sold her movie rights for a few million. Heard a great NPR and BBC interviews.

@BSDave, that would be a new natty for you. I cannot wait to see what you do. But oh man! Antler, bone, and horn stink when worked. Even with hand tools. It lingers so might want to do it on the porch, friend. I cut a piece of horn one time in an apartent with a dremel. Never again. Hahaha...s'bad.
Also Zebrawood Makopat, that stuff reaks.....the guy that taught me how to make flutes one night I was over, had been routing a flute blank, and I had gone upstairs to get a coke,came back down to the shop filled with smoke. It made my eyes water and smelled awful. I asked him what kind of wood it was, and he said it was " zactly " wood. I said I'd never heard of it that kind of wood, said he named it that because it smelled zactly like_$$, LOL..............It did too, was awful and hung in the nose for a couple of days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts