Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is, weeks in the making, more nails and screws than it took to build my house.

I made it big enough enough so I (hopefully) can't miss the box, made it so I can set multi targets.

I have 2 metal poles running along the length at the top, one for the "ball stopper" and the other to hang targets from.

I put a hole in the bottom, this will allow the ammo to fall through and be collected ina box underneath.

I put an old shower curtain in at the end, not really sure why lol.

The wood was free as some left over pallets after bulidingmy shed, the poles were from an old gazebo, and the t.shirts were just old ones out the attic.

It may not win any beauty prizes but I am happy for my first time.

I would do if a different way or make this one so the top lifts off.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice build gary61, ..... but, you may have some trouble keeping the dog out of it :)

As for the removable top idea; Why not a couple of hinges at the back and a stick to prop it up when changing your targets - (just my 2 cents worth :) )

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice build gary61, ..... but, you may have some trouble keeping the dog out of it :)

As for the removable top idea; Why not a couple of hinges at the back and a stick to prop it up when changing your targets - (just my 2 cents worth :) )
I was thinking about the hinges, and doing some sort of front as we get a lot of cats and a few fox's

Thanks for the feedback mate

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
My catchbox is more of a catch A-frame... but actually while shooting stray feral cats will get in it.

Materials are as follows:
Rubber door mat, 2 hinges, an old towel, a metal skewer,scrap 2x2's and 2x4's.
The small portable is a laundry jug.

Your Catchbox is amazing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,354 Posts
Instead of starting another catch box post, I thought I would add to this one. I make some targets out of body putty spreaders for my spinners. I used two rubber tarp straps to hang a small rod so I could attach my spinning targets, to lessen the impact, besides it spinning. I figure it can't hurt to try to make my targets last longer. Bag Gas Fixture Luggage and bags Metal
Bag Gas Fixture Luggage and bags Metal

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
That's a sharp looking box! You could probably lob bowling balls at it without too much damage! Makes me want to make one...

Reactions: Tag and hoggy

·
Neophyte
2,095 Posts
Those body filler spreaders are super tough, I made some after I saw you post about it. they have a good sound to them when you hittem' good :)

Reactions: hoggy and Tag
1 - 16 of 16 Posts