Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first attempt at a catty. It's turned out well considering i haven't really got much in way the of tools, just a coping saw, knife, sandpaper, and patience.
It's a hornbeam fork about 13.5 cm in length and i finished it with oil.

Attachments

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Way to go Locko!!!

That is my kind of shooter! Natural, tabs, grain, chains and all......

I have to say excellent job, and I really mean it......you have a bright future ahead...

Do I see some Jmplsnt influence in this one?....I think so....

Good job, thank you for sharing, and good luck with those chains!

Cheers -John

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Excellent work Locko and I like the way you worked that one. I also like the hornbeam, which is unfamiliar to me here in the US. It goes without saying I approve of the use of chains and tabs. Your work on the tabs, along with a very smooth whipping job with the floss, combined with the good woodwork, makes this a clear winner.

Keep us posted how things go for you with this one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for all the great comments guys i really do appreciate them. Your right Baneofsmallgame, i got the idea of using the tabs from Jmplsnt and saw how to do it on his excellent tutorial. Thanks for that Jmplsnt. I used the chains to keep costs down but i think i should have used groups of 5 instead of 4 as the power is not quite there. Anyway, must dash, i've got to finish my next one, or two, or three, or......................................................................

·
Registered
881 Posts
Are you sure this is the first attempt?? I can wait to see what will be attempt number 100. Is just a great first shot congratulations. Saludos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.