Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys,
I'm new to this forum. I made my first board cut out of 3/4 inch maple. I like the look of a natural so I decided to design it to look natural (or so I thought). I took some clay and modeled it into the natural shape I wanted. I then transferred it onto the piece of maple. Next I cut it out, shaped it and then sanded it. After a few coats of poly, it was ready for bands. I ordered a set of Bill Herriman Express Bands. I was very satisfied by the quality of these bands and how quickly they were shipped. I installed the bands then wrapped the handle with some blue cord. Then I went outside with a handful of marbles and did some shooting. Here are some pictures: I call it "The T-bone". All comments welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thank you for the encouragement! It took a bit of work but I really enjoyed doing it. -Woodtech
It really grows on you, especially if you enjoy wood working. I started making slingshots 5 months ago. I have made 19. I have 3 more laid out for cut out tomorrow. You think of something new, and you have to try it. It also gives me a good use for all the scrap wood i collected from making bows for the last 12 years.

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
Really nice job Woodtech! You are living up to your name Bud! Flatband

·
Registered
429 Posts
That's a great-looking slingshot. Not too big at all. I like how it looks like a natty but is actually a board-cut.

Very nice finishing out.

WD40

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Looks like the only slingshot you will ever need for any kind of challenge. Very good work and an inspiring finish, love how you wrapped it.

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Amazing, a piece of art. Welcome to the forum.
Philly

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Excellent work and like the others said if you hadn't informed us it was a board cut I would have thought it a natural. You did a superb job of finishing and sanding!

Please show us any further projects you undertake.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.