Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
First want to say a big thanks to M.J. and Clever Moniker - for the Mojo Template

So I had some Pine plywood that I had laying around, and purchased some poplar boards.

I know Pine is not strong enough for Slingshots per say. So I laminated the poplar boards in between every layer. To give it some strength.

I'm working out the shapes and smoothing it at the moment but wanted to keep this thread going to show the progress.

(Also if someone would like to share some insight on how they pin their slingshots it would be greatly appreciated.)

In the side profile you can see the Poplar boards are much thicker than the ply which is what I was planning on.

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Looking good my man! I'd say that'll be plenty strong, and you've got a nice shape going on there. Keep us posted!

Reactions: AKA Forgotten

·
Registered
662 Posts
Alright It is about 95 percent complete.

This was it when I continued all the roughing out the shape. It turned out pretty darn

good if I must say so myself. Here is the results:

After that I sanded it down with 120, then 220, 400, then 600 grit paper with wet application going.
The wet application came from a Danish oil to lubricate seal and stain all at once.
this was the results:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts