Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I had my first accident today. I was on my motorbike, waiting for the green light, and a guy hit me from behind with a Land Rover.
My left knee, left ankle, left side generally, is in pain, and I managed to get home at 14:00 while the accident happened at 06.30! Talk about a headache!
The good thing is I have the next two days off work, and I will use them to take my slingshot medicine ????

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
Glad it wasn’t any worse. I hope the driver got a ticket and has to pay for your medical bills and your scooter. Did they apologize for having their head up their #&@. I rode motorcycles all over the Uunited States, and I had more than my share of close calls.

·
OldMiser
3,543 Posts
Best on a speedy recovery too you my friend......I am 74 & still ride a New Harley....Weather is truning bad..Just put it up for the winter...

right inside my apt...in the living room in fact...couple years back the landlord said ..you can put in youe apt for the winter....I had to ask again

to understand what I just heard..............Best too you my friend.....

akaOldmiser

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I am not too hurt, just bruises is all, but it's annoying hitting in almost all my right side.
Tag, we don't pay medical care in Greece, so he doesn't have to pay anything, and insurance covers the damage to the vehicles. I could claim money from the insurance for getting hurt, but I am not going to. First of all I am not that hurt, but most importantly, that guy turned out to be very nice, we talked a long time in the telephone, and he is also serving in the air force. He would get into much trouble if I declared physical injury, so I am not going to. Of course he will be in trouble anyway, as he hit me driving a car of the armed forces, but when he is scheduled for court martial, I will put on my officers uniform and go to defend him. For sure he'll not be expecting that I am his superior, or that I'll actually drop by in all the glory of the tank division to save him ????

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scary stuff man. Glad to hear you are ok!
While I was falling I did wonder if I would get up, thankfully I did. And yes, I didn't get the nice blackout that protects our brain from painful memories. My damned and damaged brain made sure that I remember every single detail for God's sake.

·
Serial Forum Quitter
1,119 Posts
Thanks guys! I am not too hurt, just bruises is all, but it's annoying hitting in almost all my right side.
Tag, we don't pay medical care in Greece, so he doesn't have to pay anything, and insurance covers the damage to the vehicles. I could claim money from the insurance for getting hurt, but I am not going to. First of all I am not that hurt, but most importantly, that guy turned out to be very nice, we talked a long time in the telephone, and he is also serving in the air force. He would get into much trouble if I declared physical injury, so I am not going to. Of course he will be in trouble anyway, as he hit me driving a car of the armed forces, but when he is scheduled for court martial, I will put on my officers uniform and go to defend him. For sure he'll not be expecting that I am his superior, or that I'll actually drop by in all the glory of the tank division to save him
Keep on truckin fratello !

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.