Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jörg inspired me to make a carbon catty. normaly everyone knows i like wide forks, because i am the master of forkhits, but this 5mm carbon is so expensive, i could only make a milbro style catty. now i didn´t dare shooting it!
it is terrible to work with, i´m looking like a coal miner and my shed is looking like a coal mine!

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
If you put a large shop vacuum w/filter directly beneath where you are cutting, it will pull the particles into it. That way you don't have all that mess in your shop, or breathe it in.

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
I love the "Master Of Fork Hits" nickname! You got enough soap in your house Baumstamm? I hear that stuff is the dirtiest, dustiest, blackist,stuff in the world to work with. It is very strong stuff if you can find the fork after you work it with all the dust! Nice job "Master" Flatband

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no mate, if i would try to train the flipstyle, i would kill her in the first hour by forkhit! it looks to nice to do it.
here togther with a carbon knife and the real stuff.
there is a good difference in wight:

·
Registered
740 Posts
I thought carbon is stronger than wood&metal.

Maybe you should use very weak bands for training because than you wouldnt destroy the beauty for shure!

Friedrich

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I thought carbon is stronger than wood&metal.
Actually, it is different, not always stronger.

You can apply tremendous bending force to carbon fibre, but only in the fibre direction. The boards Baumstamm and I used are "woven", so there are fibers in both directions. So for a slingshot the material is ideal, as the bending force is the main one involved.

I think that a fork hit would dent the shiny surface, but probably not break the fork arm off.

But I won't try it out!

Jörg

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Carbon is plain nasty to sand. I hope you were wearing a respirator or you'll be blowing black snot and coughing up black soup for days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts