Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used the same method that I've seen here on the forum with using the plywood core, I used 9mm marine ply.
I didn't have any real plan in place, I just sort of did it, I have used a slightly offset 3/4 grip, materials are native timbers (hairy oak, Burdekin plum and backbutt burl) and resin. I can already see this is becoming addictive.
3cbd4fe5ba6191945868e907da162283.jpg
81d4f47929fbdac9f32be2f7d85319e9.jpg
187478da928853f56be37aa727e61038.jpg

Sent from my 4047A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh wow! That's an awesome first. Fantastic frame!!
Thanks man, I can see a lot of little things that I dont like about it(mainly in the finish) and made some mistakes with it, I wanted to have some brass pins in the grip and yoke area but it felt like I was close to ruining it so I held back

·
Neophyte
2,095 Posts
Nice work! Looks like it would feel nice in the hand and it is stunning to look at :)

Reactions: TriggerHappy

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,156 Posts
Sweet, that looks great brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers mate, what style or design would you say it is?

Design is your own, but looks like it could be either TTF or OTT, whichever you prefer I guess ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
That is your first one?!
I am not jealous, but...
Haha, I've had some laminating practice with building knife handles and bows and arrows and things like that in the past. It's a bit like making a 3 handled knife with no blade?!
I see. You have the talent fortified by skills.
Inreally wanted to be a knifemaker...but I just did not take to metal as well as many others...then I found slingshots and have always loved woodwork. Bam! I had a ton of handle making supplies that did not go to waste. I loved the handle part of knife making the best.

Seriously though...glad your are here. It is a good place for shooters and makers.

·
Super Moderator
6,671 Posts
That came out great Bud! Now you're hooked fo sure!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.