Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Today I received a pocket shooter from Gary "Flatband" Miller, first of all I would like to say that Gary is one heck of a guy, not only a great guy to do business with but also someone who is always there to answer questions, and now I can add great craftsman to that list. Even with such a simple, classic design his attention to detail is clear. I wish my pictures could do this little gem justice but right now all I have is a cell.

This little guy is perfectly made to slip into your pocket, the formed pouch is made for 3/8 in. ammo. Light weight and fast it is a joy to shoot even with the over sized ammo, marbles, I had in the house.

Anyway thanks for this Gary, I will derive great joy from it.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Nice!!! AND what do you know...It's made of good old WOOD!!!!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'm just a old fashion kind of guy.

·
Super Moderator
6,671 Posts
Harp has a soft spot in his heart for the Vintage style frames ( like a lot of us). Had to send him a little "Pocket Plinker". Thanks for the kind words Bud! Now go out and kill some cans!
Flatband

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Yeah, I got to get me one of Garys' ergos still. I keep trying to put some money aside, but summer seems to require all kinds of equipment maintenance, so maybe soon. Gotta try one of those bamboo PS-2 shooters also and those laminated forks that Tom is making makes my heart throb !

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A brief update, Anyway got this sweet little shooter from Gary last saturday, unfortunately monday I had to go into the hospital for a spinal epidural injection which to make a long story short means I had someone take long needles and stick them into my neck, this is their newest attempt to take care of my chronic shoulder pain. The upshot of this is I got this great new toy and wasn't able to play with it. So today I decided pain or no pain I was going to give it a shot...
As I think I said before all I had in the house were marbles which are a little too big for this rig, but the other day someone mentioned using chic peas (dried of course) and I remembered I had a bag in the cabinet that had been there since Manhattan was bought from the indians ( I don't have to be PC and call them Native Americans I am part Cherokee) I am rambling today.... isn't Benadryl great!! So anyway Chic Peas are great, light, and not much penetration but in this little slingshot at 5 to 10 yards it's like a laser.
I really have to hand it to Gary this thing is a whole lot of fun in a very well crafted small package!!! Next mission to get some steel shot and see what it can really do...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.