Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I thought that I'd make a quick and simple simple flip from canvas and fiberglass resin. If you haven't tried this yet, you should give it a go! It was much simpler than I'd expected. While I didn't take the time to make a show quality piece, it's a very functional shooter. I really like the way the g10/micarta (?) type of material feels in my hand. Now that I have some confidence, I'm ready to try to make a really fine quality piece. Btw: 2hours from cutting the canvas to sanding the finished slingshot.
aff5af02a05dc5f9923d10b479c69fb0.jpg
c00c3968015cfe79f9179622be9af849.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's really nice! Did you laminate your own micarta too?
Thank you! Yes, that was the new part for me. I've cut and finished a lot of wood slingshots, but this is the first time that I actually made my own canvas Micarta slab.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is a thicker one that is a "work in progress"
dc948833611c7286c57830cd2721833a.jpg
: I used 18 layers of canvas and three layers of poorly spaced (lol) green T-shirt. It's a new adventure for me and the ideas are coming faster than I can keep up with. Using the T-shirt fabric works well, if I can learn to slow down and count!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.