Hey guys and gals
Some days ago I finished my first homemade slingshot. I wanted one of those small frames since I've seen them so I build one myself.
I orientated the Design on a rough template I've seen on Pinterest. After cutting this from Multiplex I sawed in Topslots and filed it a bit for a comfy grip (wich was a mistake, as you will see
). After shooting it a bit I decided, that it needs a Palmswell, because I saw one beautiful palmswell on a Metall slingshot some days ago and loved it.
I've cut myself a branch of a blood plum and dried in in the oven. Than I've sawed some small planks from it. Here a made the second mistake. Because I was a little lazy and impatient I didn't made the planks completely flat before I glued them. Also the wood glue my parents had at there workshop where I started the project turned out dark after it dried
(but I kinda like the look now)
I filed it in form and sanded it up to with 240 grit. Than some linseed oil as a finish.
I had to fill up the spaces between the wood and the multiplex with wood glue and sawdust wich is a little imperfection but adds "character"
It shoots quit good and feels great in the hand. I like how the black glue filled the cracks of the wood. A lanyard still has to be added.
Hope you like my "ugly ducking" wich really turned out to be a swan with character
P.s.: bonus band jig I build at the same time
I swear I wore pants that day!