Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm new to slingshot forum and after shooting my dads old marksman brand slingshot then a homemade natural fork for about a week or two I wanted to try a board cut.
I made it with a handsaw and dremel with a sanding attachment.
Specs: It is a Bill Hays patriot made from 3/4 mdf. I'm planning to put in universal forks (I like side shooters) but haven't got around to applying stain or finish cause I just made it yesterday.
So please tell me what you think.

Thanks,
SSTN

DSCN1366.JPG

DSCN1368.JPG

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Looks like you did a good job on the form. Good idea to go with a proven form first time out. I always worry a bit about the strength of MDF for slingshot frames, but I believe others on the forum have used it.

Cheers ....... Charles

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Great first slingshot, hope it shoots well for you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello and welcome. Nice work on that ss. Like Charles i' m not sure about the MDF' s strenght i think plywood is more apropriate for slingshots.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
as above on the MDF thing although Hawk uses it to good effect. I have one of his slingshots and its sturdy enough.

very neatly cut on your first though

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello and welcome. Nice work on that ss. Like Charles i' m not sure about the MDF' s strenght i think plywood is more apropriate for slingshots.
Cheers.
yeah I heard that mdf might have strength issues. I'm planning to get some 12 ply birtch or some hdpe for my next slingshot, but this mdf is all I have for the time being. besides I saw that several other forum members use mdf so i can't be that bad.
Thanks for your input,
sstn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts