Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the first natural forks i have made thus far, and may I say I have had so much fun making them. Both are made form gum tree wood, and the ergo design came from an enormous fork that i processed heavily with a knife. The two slings are not complete yet, as i still need to finish sanding them, and add a coat of finish on them. I aim to attach flat bands on both slingshots, however i haven't got any yet. The slingshot that I am currently using is a simple woodcut that uses tubular rubber, it does the job for now, and the bands are great.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Jrich

Attachments

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Wow, you have certainly made it your own. We here know what effort goes into personalizing a catty. Well done.

I too am drawn to the first one because of the personalizing of it.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Wow!

Excellent job caring J, that is a fantastic product.......sometimes it's amazing what can come from a little pocket knife, time, and some imagination.

I love naturals, and those two are my kind of forks combining simplicity and ergonomics. You will find that there are near infinite possibilities in a nice thick natural, and also despite its lack of carving, the simple fork will probably be just a comfortable to shoot.

Great effort, great result...you are off to an excellent start and you will enjoy those forks.

Cheers -John

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Both are doubtlessly going to be excellent shooters. You've got a good eye for what a fork should look like. But that ergo is amazing!

I wager we're going to see some great stuff coming from you in the future, if you get the bug.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all, Im having fun carving away. I usually paint oil paintings, so its a lot different however the slingshot bug has definitely been caught so I will be keeping it up.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
great work! how was the gum to work with?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.