Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first aluminium core and micarta slingshot.
Put together from scrap around the house. Was meant to be based on the dorian template but it went it's own way. More a proof of concept excersise so I knew the process and what tools to use.

Bag for life burlap micarta on the front.
Bird Blue Azure Tableware Wood
Azure Natural material Wood Terrestrial plant Electric blue
Dress Wood Wood stain Fashion accessory Hardwood
Geological dictionary paper micarta on the back.

Looking forward to picking some nice material for the next one.

Edit: link to template

·
Super Moderator
6,633 Posts
Nice job BB!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh man, I think I’m in love! That almost screams Sandstorm lol. Although if I dropped it in my yard, when I found it, it’d probably scare the hell out of me! 😂 How’s she shoot?!
Thanks muchly.
Beautiful to hold. Natural grip lines up perfectly on the vertical (gangsta). For me anyway.

Shoots great. Definately found my regular shooter. The Chinese clamp frames I've been using feel so unnatural now and I used to swear by them.

Next one is gonna be for tubes and I'll spend a bit more time making it pretty.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Thanks muchly.
Beautiful to hold. Natural grip lines up perfectly on the vertical (gangsta). For me anyway.

Shoots great. Definately found my regular shooter. The Chinese clamp frames I've been using feel so unnatural now and I used to swear by them.

Next one is gonna be for tubes and I'll spend a bit more time making it pretty.
That’s is awesome!! Congratulations! 😀. I may come to you sometime in the future to learn how you achieved that rattlesnake pattern, if that would be okay? Being a guy from the desert southwest, it’s just too perfect. (Also: there is a pattern of paracord sold as “Arid” that is just about an exact match to what you have there, in case you ever wanted weave or have a lanyard woven for it! I’ll post a sample pic when I’m able to locate what I did with it!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts