Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This is my first slingshot since coming to here and to Jacks shed. It's just the first of more to come. It is for target shooting. I tried it out today and it shoots fast -- it amazed me.
I used what I had on hand. I bought some exercise bands and used the weakest color (since this is experimental). I also have some Theraband gold for later.
I chose to use duct tape to attach the leather (was using string on the old setup). Then, to attach the rubber to the frame, I first used duct tape, then to tighten I tied a constrictor knot with cord and sealed it with a dab of super glue.

TARGET SIDE

SHOOTER'S SIDE

IN MY HAND

Critique away:rolleyes:

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I think it's great, too. But I know it ain't as sophisticated as most of the other shooters here. I have already learned (from one of flatband's posts that the fold in the band should be facing toward the crook. I don't expect to get too many shots out of this anyway, so I'll fix it on the refit.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Looks great. Dayhiker.
'Tis true! There's nothing like a good natural. Don't sweat having the band folds on the outside. I too prefer the folds to face inwards, but they'll work like you have them now (I put my first couple sets on that way without any trouble). When these bands give out, then you can replace them with a new set with the folds facing in. In all, that's a very nice first catty!

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
It looks like what the Carolina slingshot man was using. He was the best ever. If I can find some dogwood I will make one like that. Be certain to wear shooting glasses. Wood is good. Thats one sweet catty.

·
Super Moderator
6,539 Posts
Nice even Natural Bud. That's what you want,even branches on both sides. Great!
Flatband

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I also think it is a great slingshot !

·
Registered
175 Posts
nice slingshot, much nicer then my first.

General comment, anything to keep the weight down on the pouch is good.
Connecting rubber with rubber itself is always better then adding foreign objects like ties or glues.

Keep on reading , there's alot good information on this site, but not all shooters are inclined to give away all their 'secrets' on first contact...

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and suggestions. I am now encouraged to make better ones. Aside from trying to produce good, functional slingshots (and perhaps make them look good eventually), my ultimate goal is to make one that'll kill that recurring groundhog that steals my tomatoes every summer.

Thanks again, guys. This ol' dog's learning many new tricks here.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Hi,
This is my first slingshot since coming to here and to Jacks shed. It's just the first of more to come. It is for target shooting. I tried it out today and it shoots fast -- it amazed me.
I used what I had on hand. I bought some exercise bands and used the weakest color (since this is experimental). I also have some Theraband gold for later.
I chose to use duct tape to attach the leather (was using string on the old setup). Then, to attach the rubber to the frame, I first used duct tape, then to tighten I tied a constrictor knot with cord and sealed it with a dab of super glue.

TARGET SIDE

SHOOTER'S SIDE

IN MY HAND

Critique away:rolleyes:
You've come a long way baby!! Just like the rest of us!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
RS

It would be interesting to create a post where he published the first slingshot of each member of the forum. and perhaps some of the most recent to see the evolution.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
ya i really like the idea of that,

perhaps just a posting of "post your first slingshot"

for some of the longtime members out there it might be fun for some of us to see what you guys have done vs what you're doing now : )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts