Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been coming home late from an odd job ive been doing and instead of going straight inside to a really cold house , i would stay outside for a hour or so while my body temperature came down some. i was shooting a slingshot at first and then decided to get some scrap wood and just make one, well it became 2 and a the first slingshot for me to make with a palm swell . the first one i did was another Hrawk ergo - i think its birch , i stained it with minwax sedona red and spray on polyurethane finish.

i also decided to do a Bill Hays Arrow Shot, but i decided to try my hand at making it with a palm swell. i think it came out a lot easier than i thought it was gonna be . i purposely made it look "aged" , it looked to much like eye candy when i first made it .

i think im ready now for some better wood material. after making these two, i think im making palm swells more frequently and keep it at just using linseed oil . and im also sticking with using files as much as i can, im able to form it better with the files . thanks for looking and i hope any new members out there will look at mine and think" i can do better" , to them i say- do it and post it .

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Those both look great! I'm a big fan of the Arrowshot, it looks like a really solid shooting platform.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Those are pretty cool. I'd be happy to have made them.

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
Great work man!

From this point on, I hear-by declare that all laminated slingshots are now to be known as a 'Wooden Slingshot Sammich' !

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
well well well i am impressed, i thought all you did was toss a few back shoot them up with your slingers and chase women................. my apologies and congratulations on your slingshot sammich!

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
Hmm, slingshot sammich sounds yummy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts