Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a my first attempt at a PFS.I used scraps from a part I am making. I sandwiched them together and used a file and an angle grinder to shape, and then threw it in a tumbler for a little while. BTW, I don't believe I will ever go through the trouble of putting Forks on one of my Shooters again.????

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive never shot a pfs, and was hitting with this immediately. No bend, tweak, or anything. Justa a flip, like ive been doing anyway. I really dislike wrap and tuck, so this smash method is neat. No slippage yet, and i can add ribs if necessary. Im pretty excited about the simplicity!

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Awesome work! That's clean and sleak! Reminds me of a retractable razor knife. A name suggestion, the slingblade!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive had zero strikes. I think it forces me to be very deliberate with my pouch. I did run into trouble with 1.25 wide tbg, folded in 3rds. Not enough room for that much rubber. I settled on about .700 to .800 wide precise .7 red and have gotten excellent consistency. 2 problems that bother me is that its heavy for its size and cold, but it disappears
under my shirt when i hand it around my neck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts