Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
In 1971 when I was 6, I got my firs slingshot from my father, it was ,,zwille klassik'' same like on your picture. This fork lost when I was 17, and few years ago I start looking for this slingshot. ( somewhere in this forum is my topik ;) ) Till today, I find and buy 2 frames, and got one from my friend. One is cheap and low quality, not comfy , with wrong ends of fork so attachment is not good, second is biger than this old model and flat ( i Think it i new production ), and the 3 is like I remember , low fork, bended handle and comfy grip :)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/JasztalGolinski/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2224640157795587

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Bootsmann, that slingshot you posted is called "The Hy-Power" slingshot. It has the distinction of being the longest continually produced slingshot of all time. Manufactured in Germany since the 1940's! Originally, the thumb cover/protector was made of leather. They changed over to vinyl in the 70's -80's I think. That slingshot has some staying power! Nice post!

·
HOLD-FAST
451 Posts
Thanks Flatband, realy nice to know the history to it.
As i mentioned above, i get it from my uncle in the middle 1980's.
Even back than it looks realy used so i think he might bought it in the late 70's or early 80's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts