Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made from stuff I had laying around - Copper strip and STABILIZED a piece of curly/spalted maple - I still have to put the slots in the fork and will use the "toothpick" method of attaching straps made from Theraband Gold to shoot TTF - I made it so I can remove the copper fork and do whatever if I decide to - Already got more ideas so I'll just do the best I can to have fun ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a bit worried about the strength of the copper and the strength of the attachment to the handle. Do you plan to shoot it hammer grip?
I am kinda physically weak so I will make my bands accordingly so the copper will do just fine - As far as the attachment it will hold well until I decide to make it permanent or change it - I've worked with STABILIZED woods for going on 40 years but I appreciate your concern - Yes. I like the "HAMMER" grip so far BUT things can change!

·
Premium Member
11,971 Posts
Nice looking slingshot It’s always good to see our fellow Forum members offer advice on making the sport of shooting slingshots as safe as possible. Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Again.....MANY THANKS to all!! Here's the photo of the "GYPSY" fix I came up with for now - I used a set of Chinese bands I just got...Not my first choice but the quickest for now - "It" shoots just fine....now I can practice, practice and more practice :target: :target: :target:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.