Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello everyone!

I joined your society few days ago and I made my first slingshot. It's not very sucessful... but it shoots! To be honest, it's my second one. The first one, which I called "The Hybrid" was almost done, but one wrong driling makes the whole slingshot useless
So I made another,one. "Sweetie", that's her name, is constructed for sideways shooting and she's doing it well
I think it's very stable, light and comfortable shooter. It's entirely made of plywood (1.6mm). It's shooting 6mm or 8mm ballbearings, cause it has weak bands - Thera Band Gold, 2cm by the fork and 1,2cm by pouch. Ofcourse she has to be polished a bit but I wanted to shoot so much that didn't have any time to make it more beautiful. I think I'll do it tommorow.

So, how do you think? What should I change?

Thanks, greetings from Poland!

I'll add pictures in 3 mins

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok sounds pretty safe.. I would hate to see you get hurt from having a fork brake off Ive done it and it's not a fun thing.. Cut me up pretty good on my wrist and chest and then opposite arm haha I'll have that scar for life

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for comments everyone!

Mr. ZDP, it's a good idea, I'll think about it. As you see, this slingshot is a prototype, so everything can be changed. I appreciate your advice

Greetings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for comments. I really like it and it's very important to me, because it's my first shooting and quite comfortable slingshot. Of course, as you noticed Mr HOE, I have to finish it a bit, but I'll do it later. Now I'm seraching for the best bandset for me, so the design and look are not the most important now. So this slingshot have some tests to do with new bands. I promise, when I finish the searching for the best bands and shooting style I will pay more attention to aesthetic values

PS. I'd like to know your opinion. How will it work in a butterfly style of shooting? Is it fit for this kind of shooting? Or maybe every slingshot can shot this way?

Thank you for all replies again

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.