Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191012/c22411c88ba767cf2ded4fa1a17227d9.plist

I don't know who designed this but I loved it and printed it off the internet and gave it my first attempt. A buddy gave me some 1/2 inch lexan. I printed the picture, traced it on some graph paper, modified it a bit (enough to make these fantastic "Pocket Predator" titanium clips to fit), cut it out, sanded it, and there we go. My first frame. I hope to eventually design my own, but until then, thanks to whoever came up with this one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before the forum, I didn’t really realize how many people make their own frames. I made this about 2 months ago. I actually got amped to try making something after watching a YouTube channel. “Marling Baits”. He doesn’t make slingshots, he makes fishing lures by hand. He got me thinking that I should try making something. But I’m more into slingshots than fishing so I decided to take some of what I saw from him and put my own twist on it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That looks great, the lexan has a nice look to it. I’ve always liked the look of those handle-less shooters for pocket carry and have been curious about them - how does it shoot?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It shoots pretty good. It’s as accurate as any. I guess maybe I’m just not used to not having a handle. Usually a little off with my first couple shots. It still feels a little funny in my hand. I’ve also been riding hard on my Scout LT since I got it. So my homemade has kind of been on the back burner.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
It shoots pretty good. It's as accurate as any. I guess maybe I'm just not used to not having a handle. Usually a little off with my first couple shots. It still feels a little funny in my hand. I've also been riding hard on my Scout LT since I got it. So my homemade has kind of been on the back burner.
Put a good tight lanyard on it and you won't miss the handle at all.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,409 Posts
Well done! My first attempts (I have about 12 of them) look like a 7th grade wood-shop project. Haven't been able to make a shooter yet. Thank goodness for the forum vendors.
Ever tried any natural forks, they're practically already made when you cut them off the tree ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I will try a natural at some point. I also really like the antler stuff I’ve been seeing. I’ve put the word out to my hunting buddies to watch for sheds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts