Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what he brought me today. There are 17 of them, all cut from Tamarind trees, and all thick enough to make real man-sized naturals. The SS in the middle measures just under 7 inches, to give a size comparison.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
You hit the jackpot!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very pleased. I just finished stripping the bark from one of them and it is boiling in salt water on the stove. I was amazed at how easy the bark came off. I literally stripped if off without any tools. It reminds me of willow in that respect. I think that it will become more difficult if I let them dry first, so tomorrow, I will be stripping bark.

Henry

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
That's mighty kind of your gardener, there are some really nice looking forks in there!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am very pleased. I just finished stripping the bark from one of them and it is boiling in salt water on the stove. I was amazed at how easy the bark came off. I literally stripped if off without any tools. It reminds me of willow in that respect. I think that it will become more difficult if I let them dry first, so tomorrow, I will be stripping bark.

Henry
They look like they were grown for slingshot making! Lucky!

The mansanitia I cut striped with no tools. I like it when it's that easy!

Have fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts